(PART-TIME – 4 HOURS PER WEEK)
The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking an Allergist at our William F. Ryan Community Health Center located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan to work for four hours on Thursdays or Fridays.
- Examine, diagnose, and treat patients referred by Ryan-NENA primary care providers through the appointment schedule or as walk-ins, consistent with standards for quality of care and productivity.
- Refer patients to primary care and specialty providers and to back-up facility for clinic consultations, tests and other related procedures not provided at the Center.
- Complete all necessary paperwork in connection with these duties, including but not limited to: adequate and legible progress notes in the medical records, prescriptions, encounter forms, referral forms, and other forms as required by reimbursement and regulatory agencies.
- Provide consultations to other Center practitioners.
- Supervise the patient care activities of paramedical personnel assigned to work with Internist.
- Participate in in-service Education, in respective specialty, to other health care practitioners of the Center.
- Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Practice accepted infection control measure in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne
- Pathogens standards and Center policies and procedures.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Completion of allergy fellowship.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
- Graduate of an approved medical school.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York.
- Board eligible or certified in Allergy.
- eClinicalWorks experience.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served (if applicable).
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient
- Works well with others
- Contributes input to improve outcomes
- Asks others for opinions and feedback, provides feedback in a tactful respectful way
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please forward resume by email, with salary requirements, to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.