ASSISTANT CLINICAL CARE COORDINATOR
The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking an Assistant Clinical Care Coordinator for our Ryan/Chelsea-Clinton Community Health Center located in the Midtown West section of Manhattan.
The Assistant Clinical Care Coordinator is a member of the Center’s primary care practice teams and is responsible for providing care coordination and care management services to patients who are at risk for poor outcomes, health deterioration, co-morbidities and preventable hospitalizations. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Network.
- Coordinate and manage the care of chronically ill patients, and ensure that patients receive optimal care, including acute illness management, chronic disease management, and preventive care across multiple health settings and with various multiple physicians/providers.
- Responsible for patient care coordination and care management, including care transitions; referrals; report management; and two-way communication between Primary Care Physician (PCP), specialists, and other providers.
- Focus on care management of patients identified by the PCP team as highest risk in order to decrease hospital and emergency room (ER) utilization and improve health outcomes.
- Integrate the patient/family into care coordination and care management planning and communications, assuring that the patient/family are informed and supported in decision- making.
- Ensure transition of care for patients discharged from the hospital or ER within 24 – 48 hours to prevent readmission and related complications.
- Evaluate and provide appropriate follow-up care for recently discharged patients to prevent further disease exacerbation, complications, or additional ER or hospital utilization.
- Use data from the electronic health record to determine patients at highest risk for health deterioration, sentinel events, and/or poor outcomes.
- Provide timely and ongoing communication with the PCP and practice team regarding highest risk patients in order to maximize the management of patient needs and ensure that risk reduction activities are incorporated into the care plan.
- Coordinate care with other care managers (home health care, case managers, etc.) and with specialists to maximize care and promote patient safety.
- Assist with day-to-day patient care activities and tasks as needed. These will include but are not limited to: processing PCP forms, such as prior authorization (PA), M11Q, home care orders, transportation and durable medical equipment (DME,) device requests; patient education (focus on Diabetes and Hypertension teaching), pre-visit planning, post-visit planning, pre-natal follow- up, medication administration, redirecting patients to appropriate services such as patient navigation, and attending daily huddles.
- Triage patients in person and over the phone.
- Participate in Quality Improvement (QI) and Performance Improvement (PI) initiatives, including
attendance at meetings, data input, organization of project data, and development of reports.
- Order patient medical equipment, emergency equipment, code cart & 02 tank upkeep, adherence to OSHA guidelines, availability of patient educational materials, etc.
- Ensure that patients are screened and ready for Practitioner, treated and give immunizations ordered by the Practitioner, and discharged with appropriate education and follow-up information.
- Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Three years of experience in ambulatory setting (emergency room, clinic or health center).
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to think clearly and to work in a busy clinic.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and eClinicalWorks.
- Must be knowledgeable about Patient Centered Medical Home guidelines and other regulatory
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Licensed Registered Nurse in State of New York
- Bachelor’s Degree (BSN)
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the
patient served (if applicable).
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient.
- Works well with others.
- Contributes input to improve outcomes.
- Asks others for opinions and feedback, provides feedback in a tactful respectful way.
Minimal Training Time:
Six months of actual workdays’ probationary period.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is primarily in a general primary care setting, which includes the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals, and acute and chronic infectious diseases, which may be contagious. Adequate preparation and precaution is necessary.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
For consideration, please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.