ASSISTANT COORDINATOR OF TESTING AND LINKAGE TO CARE
The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a Supervising Health Educator for our William F. Ryan Community Health Center located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
Under the direction of the Director of Support Services, the Assistant Coordinator of Testing and linkage to Care, ensure of the supervision and training of staff conducting HIV and Hepatitis testing. Ensures that patients are linked to medical care and results are documented appropriately. Assist in meeting all funding mandates, including productivity goals and report submission. Conduct quality assurance checks, cleaning of program data using Excel and Access and other data analysis tools.
Management, Supervision and Program Development
- Supervise staff, including but not limited to: day to day supervision, scheduling, attendance records, disciplinary action as needed. Supports staff in assuring that they meet recognized standards for delivery of care and quality of services, professionalism and productivity. Provides training, assignment, motivation, and evaluation of staff.
- Manage all aspects of service delivery including development, implementation and assessment of strategies and program procedures to address the needs and concerns of the targeted populations. Identify gaps in services, and recommend modification or needed expansion of service delivery.
- Ensure program compliance with funding mandates including grant writing and contact with and reports to funding sources. Assist in time and effort reporting, budget development, management and modification as necessary.
- Assist Laboratory Director and the Medical Director/Director of Clinical Care Coordination in monitoring program compliance with regulatory mandates.
- Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standards, and the Center’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports by analyzing and aggregating data including electronic medical record (EMR) data.
- Implement quality improvement protocols to achieve high standards of technical proficiency and EMR competency among staff. Test effectiveness of program initiatives, and provide EMR training to applicable staff.
- Prepare program deliverable reports using the EMR and other grant-specified data collection tools.
- Coordinate and integrate HIV and Hepatitis C testing and related services with other Ryan
- Supervise programs that focus on the linkage of patients to medical services as mandated through grant-funded and network maintained programs.
- Maintain professional competence by participation in conferences, in-service training and other means.
- Supervise team conducting Nights and Weekend case findings and Outreach.
- Remain up-to-date on issues pertaining to behavioral science, disease prevention and educational and outreach modalities and methods. Identify own training needs and those of supervisees to ensure effective delivery of services to the community. Monitor staff in-service training needs and maintain staff training log.
- Report any unusual findings or problems pertaining to program operations to the Director.
- Represent Ryan at local and regional meetings as requested. Respond to inquiries and solicitations for service and maintain program correspondence.
- Demonstrate a professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, immediate supervisor and other employees.
- Demonstrate the age appropriate knowledge and skills necessary to provide HIV and Hepatitis testing services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum 2 years of experience providing data analysis
- Knowledge of HIV and Hepatitis Testing
- Strong computer literacy with proficiency in standard office software/hardware such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Effective communication and writing skills.
- Excellent problem solver capability with a demonstrated history of process improvement.
- Proven track record of organization, attention to detail and ability to respond promptly to requests, anticipate organizational needs, and maintain efficient office operations.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health or Human Services or a related field.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field.
- HIV Counseling and Testing certification.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Please forward resume and salary requirements to email@example.com, and reference job title in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.