Associate Director of External Affairs
The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking an Associate Director of External Affairs for our community health network.
The Associate Director of External Affairs, under the Direction of the Director of External Affairs, contributes to the writing of publications, positions papers, and newsletters, and website copy; assists in the coordination of special events; oversees the day-to-day presence on Social Media and day-to-day management of Internal Communications. The Associate Director contributes to developing the Brand and Marketing plans. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of the Ryan Network.
1. Create and content manage daily Ryan’s Social Media – such as Facebook and Twitter pages; and the daily homepage of the Ryan Network’s internal communications site, whose content enhances staff awareness of health policy developments and organizational developments in a timely fashion.
2. Contribute to editorial direction and oversight for the writing, editing, designing, translation, production and distribution of Ryan network publications.
3. Coordinate and supervise the participation of the Ryan Network in community events throughout Manhattan, as well as schedule Network wide Speaker’s Bureau requests for Ryan practitioners and staff.
4. Assist in advocacy efforts with elected officials and others.
5. Assist in educating government on the work of the Ryan Network.
6. Assist in writing and preparation of position papers and stories for advocacy, testimony and delivery of testimony on behalf of the Ryan Network at government/community hearings.
7. Work with media consultants, prepare/write Press Releases, liaison with the Media, and all film industry requests.
8. Assist in creating and managing visual communication products (i.e. videos, photos, presentations, etc.) to support communication goals.
9. Represent the Ryan Network at community meetings and special events.
10. Supervise Community Relations Associate AmeriCorps member in his/her one year term with the Ryan Network.
11. Create and manage visual communication products (i.e. videos, photos, presentations, etc.) to support communication goals. Manage any consultants hired to produce visual communications.
12. Coordinate/oversee the multi-site special committees to present Annual and Special events, including the Gala.
13. Saturday and evening hours are required intermittently throughout the year for outreach events.
14. Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
15. Attend all meetings and/or training sessions as required.
16. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Experience and/or Skills Required:
1. Minimum 3 -5 years of experience in communications, government relations, or public relations experience with demonstrated success, preferably in not-for-profit health care sector.
- 2. Strong written and oral communication skills, including the skill to: a. Write clear, concise and engaging text, and
- b. Speak clearly and concisely on assigned subject matter.
- 3. Ability to work collaboratively with other staff, specifically program staff.
- 4. Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- 5. Ability to organize and package information in a concise and attractive manner.
- 6. Experience in developing web site content.
- 7. Experience in social media campaigns.
- 8. Expert in Microsoft Office Suite and other software systems, such as Sales Force.
- • Master’s degree in Communications or related discipline.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.