The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, Federally Qualified
Health Centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a Care Manager RN for our Ryan-NENA Community Health Center, a Joint Commission/NCQA-PCMH accredited primary care medical facility in Lower Manhattan.
Care Coordination, Care Management and Transitions of Care
The Care Manager, RN is an integral member of the Center’s primary care practice teams and is responsible for providing care coordination and care management services to patients who are at risk for poor outcomes, health deterioration, co-morbidities and preventable hospitalizations. This includes coordinating and managing the care of chronically ill patients, and ensuring that patients receive optimal care in relation to acute illness management, chronic disease management, and preventive care across multiple health settings and with various multiple physicians/providers. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Network.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Three years of experience in ambulatory setting ((emergency room, clinic or health center).
- Must be knowledgeable about Patient Centered Medical Home guidelines and other regulatory
- Demonstrated track record of organization, focus and ability to work in a fast-paced clinic.
- Working experience with electronic medical records software.
- Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment: MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
Education, Licenses and/or Certification Required:
- Associate Degree in Nursing.
- Valid Registered Nurse License in New York State.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- eClinicalWorks experience.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Customer Service
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the
patient served (if applicable).
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient.
- Works well with others.
- Contributes input to improve outcomes.
- Asks others for opinions and feedback, provides feedback in a tactful respectful way.
Minimal Training Time:
180 workdays orientation period.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is primarily in a mental health clinic and general primary care setting which include the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious. Adequate preparation and precaution is necessary.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to email@example.com, and reference job title in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.