The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a Clinical Administrative Assistant for Ryan Chelsea-Clinton Community Health Center in Midtown West.
The Clinical Administrative Assistant performs secretarial and clerical functions that support the Center’s Practitioners, Clinical Supervisors, Patient Services Supervisors and Administrators to assure the smooth operations of the Center on a day to day basis. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Network.
- Answer telephone, screen calls, take messages for Administrators, Practitioners and Supervisors as requested; re-route calls to appropriate departments and staff.
- Perform administrative and clerical support duties for Practitioners and Clinical Supervisors such as processing prior authorizations, follow up phone calls to patients or other healthcare facilities and contacting insurance companies or pharmacies to facilitate patient’s access to care and treatment.
- Assist Practitioners with collection of medical information for patient forms, including, but not limited to: medical clearance letters, nursing care services, prescription orders and referrals.
- Secure and scan (as per Center procedure) radiology reports, specialty consults, and other appropriate test results for patients.
- Secure authorizations for prescriptions and/or submit Durable Medical Equipment (DME) orders in a timely manner.
- Review and assign web and telephone encounters to appropriate clinical support staff as directed by Clinical or Patient Services Supervisors.
- Build and revise schedules in eClinicalWorks (eCW) under the guidance of the Patient Services Manager.
- Complete word processing assignments such as typing, proof reading and editing reports, procedures, proposals, memos, letter, schedules, and minutes, as requested by the Office Coordinator.
- Photocopy materials, as needed, for Practitioner and Supervisory staff; handle incoming and outgoing mail; send and receive materials on fax machine and send and receive e faxes through the electronic health record.
- Participate in staff meetings, record and distribute minutes, schedule appointments for staff and inter-departmental meetings as directed by the Office Coordinator.
- Assist the Office Coordinator in the process of credentialing licensed and certified staff by compiling and distributing documents as needed.
- Assist with the receiving of patient complaints and concerns and notifying the appropriate Supervisor.
- When assigned, assure proper functioning and maintenance of all office machines; responsible for calling for repair services in the event of an office machine malfunction and for maintaining log of repairs for the machines.
- Comply with all HIPPA and OSHA regulations as per Center policy.
- Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to the Supervisor.
- Attend all meetings and/or training sessions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Office Coordinator.
- Submit weekly, monthly and quarterly data reports as requested.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required
- Two years of administrative experience in a clinical environment.
- Two years of front desk experience in a healthcare environment.
- Electronic health record (EHR) or electronic medical record (EMR) experience is a must.
- Ability to type minimum 45 wpm.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to respond promptly to requests, anticipate organizational needs, and maintain efficient office operations.
- Strong computer literacy with proficiency in standard office software/hardware such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.