The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a Clinical Assistant for our William F. Ryan Community Health Center located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
Assist Practitioners with the clerical duties relevant to patient care, including but not limited to, completion of forms, obtaining copies of consults/reports, prior authorizations, and utilizing e-Clinical Works, the Center’s Practice Management System. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Network.
- Assist practitioner with collection of medical information for all patient forms, including, but not limited to: medical clearance letters, nursing care services, prescription orders and referrals.
- Secure and scan (as per Center procedure) radiology reports, specialty consults, and other appropriate test results for patients.
- Secure authorizations for prescriptions and/or submit Durable Medical Equipment (DME) orders in a timely manner.
- Review and assignment of web and telephone encounters.
- Reassignment of laboratory results as necessary (i.e. daily).
- Collect, sort and distribute mail to clinical staff on a daily basis.
- Ensure all communications for any above process is documented as per Center policy.
- Perform other duties such as copying, faxing, word processing, filing, scanning, as assigned.
- Attend all meetings and/or training sessions as required.
Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- At least 1 year of relevant experience.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word and EHR systems.
- Strong knowledge of clinical terminology.
- Familiarity with legal and Ryan requirements with respect to release of information and HIPAA regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Pharmacy technician experience.
- Medical Assistant Certificate.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please forward resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference the job title in the subject line.