Dental Hygienists (1 Full Time, 1 Part Time)
The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking 2 Dental Hygienists (1 full-time, Mon. – Fri., 9AM-5PM, for Ryan-Adair in Harlem; 1 part-time, 9AM-5PM, 2-3 varying weekdays, for the William F. Ryan Community Health Center on the Upper West Side of Manhattan).
The Dental Hygienist provides oral health education, and performs oral prophylaxis and other duties in accordance with ADA accepted guidelines, under the guidance of the treating dentist. The Hygienist performs such duties at off-site locations where appropriate. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Network.
- Perform oral inspections and examinations.
- Order and take dental x-rays.
- Perform generally accepted oral hygiene duties including:
- Supra and subgingival scalings
- Impressions for study models
- Placement and removal of temporary restorations
- Selecting and pre-fitting provisional crowns
- Suture removal
- Oral prophylaxis and polishing
- Application of dental sealants and topical fluoride as preventive measures
- Provide Oral Health Education to patients, including preventive care and nutrition.
- Provide Oral Health Education activities at community agencies.
- Carry a patient caseload in accordance with Center goals and DHHS mandates for quality care and productivity.
- Conduct in-service and outreach programs related to self-prophylaxis, nutrition, and preventive dental care.
- Maintain all dental records as prescribed by the Department’s Policy and Procedure Manual, as well as in accordance with agency standards.
- Perform accepted dental sterilization techniques in according with OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard.
- Assist in teaching specific functions, such as sterilization techniques, to other employees.
- Assist in ordering, receiving, and storing dental supplies.
Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standards, and Center Policies and Procedures.
- Attend all meetings and/or training sessions, as required.
- Perform other duties and/or projects, as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Three years of dental hygienist experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- General mathematical competence.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
- New York State Dental Hygienist license.
- Certificate or Diploma from accredited Dental Hygiene School or College.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Experience working with eClinical Works.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.