The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a Development Associate for our William F. Ryan Community Health Center located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
The Development Associate, under the direction of the Director of Planning and Development, is responsible for advancing the Ryan Network’s grant program and other key fundraising activities, as well as facilitating outward facing communications with funders and other constituents. The ideal candidate must possess strong writing and organizational skills and must be able to work independently and as part of the Planning team. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of the Ryan Network.
- Write persuasive grant applications and stewardship reports, independently and collaboratively, including statement of need, narrative, program description, budgets and other required sections to meet application guidelines and requirements, ensuring the highest level of accuracy. Draft cover letters, assemble collateral material, and organize and coordinate submission, online or by mail, to meet strict deadlines. Assist in the development and submission of significant pubic grant applications (city, state or federal) and manage monthly reporting, as needed.
- Coordinate fundraising solicitations including annual appeal sent by direct mail, email, and using social media outlets, coordinating with other Ryan Departments or external parties; adhere to production schedule and meet mailing deadlines. Review, edit, and proofread all materials to ensure the highest level of accuracy.
- Assist in development and production of Ryan Network annual report, including writing narrative sections, developing listings, selecting photos, drafting response envelopes; developing and proofreading mailing list for accuracy; coordinate with external designer and mailing house, as needed; adhere to production schedule and meet mailing deadlines. Review, edit, and proofread materials to ensure the highest level of accuracy.
- Research and identify, new corporate and foundation funding opportunities aligned with institutional priorities that address the needs of the target population served using Foundation Directory and other online resources; update grants calendar and track deadlines and submissions, utilizing Salesforce as needed.
- Track grant awards, donations, and responses to appeals; write acknowledgement letters, and record grants and gifts into Salesforce database; maintain ongoing accuracy and integrity of Salesforce data; develop mailing lists and donor reports for a variety of purposes using Salesforce.
- Assist in the writing and production of the monthly Performance Improvement e-newsletter to update staff on Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance activities across the Network.
Assist in preparing for, and participating when needed, in foundation meetings and grant-related or regulatory site visits.
Proofread and edit a wide variety of written materials to ensure the highest level of accuracy.
- Perform other special projects and other duties as requested by the Chief of Strategic Development or the Director of Planning and Development.
- Report any unusual occurrences or issues to Administration in a timely manner.
- Represent the Ryan Network at conferences, seminars, and meetings, as requested.
- Demonstrate professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, immediate supervisor, and other employees.
Immediately report any unusual occurrences to supervisor.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Health care or not-for-profit organization experience, preferably two to three years.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
Ability to work collaboratively in a busy environment with other staff, including program staff.
- Ability to stay organized, be flexible, and manage different projects simultaneously, while
meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to organize, package, and present information in a clear and attractive manner.
- Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Prior experience in Non-profit Development and Fundraising, especially public/private grants.
- Knowledge of fundraising databases.
- Proficiency in Salesforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please forward resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference the job title in the subject line.