Director of External Affairs
The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a Director of External Affairs for the Ryan Network. This position will be located at the William F. Ryan Community Health Center on the Upper West Side.
The Director of External Affairs is responsible for writing publications, positions papers, newsletters,
Social Media presence, website copy and design, overseeing Network-wide Annual and Special Events including the annual Gala, on behalf of the William F. Ryan Community Health Network. She/He oversees the development of the Brand and Marketing plans for the Ryan Network and is the key liaison with the Network’s City, State and Federal elected officials. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Network
1. Responsible for creating communications that will enhance the organization’s brand, image and position within the health care industry and the general community.
2. Responsible for editorial directions, and management of design, production of distribution of Ryan Network marketing materials.
3. Responsible for supervising all Social Media content for Ryan Network.
4. Create materials to support Ryan Network special projects and supporting the efforts of the Ryan Network’s partner organizations, and other community base organizations.
5. Take lead role in advocacy efforts, and improve the knowledge and work of the Ryan Network by government decision makers.
6. Prepare and deliver testimony on behalf of Ryan Network at government/community hearings.
7. Oversee the work with media consultants; prepare and write Press Releases; main liaison with New York Media, and all film industry requests.
8. Work with senior staff to develop and maintain a strategic perspective based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction in communications and marketing.
9. Create and manage visual communication products (i.e. videos, photos, presentations, etc.) to support communication goals. Manage any consultants hired to produce visual communications.
10. Oversee the representation of the Network at community meetings and special events.
11. Supervise the coordination and collaboration of multi-site Special committees to present Annual and Special Events, including the Gala.
12. Hire, train, and supervise the Associate Director of External Affairs. Work closely with Executive Directors to the same for the Ryan-NENA and RCC Community Coordinators, and oversee all projects and events assigned to the Community Relations Coordinator.
13. Attend all meetings and/or training sessions as required.
14. Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
15. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and/or Skills Required:
Minimum of 10 years of experience in writing, marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.