Director of Prevention and Support Services
The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a Director of Prevention and Support Services for our Ryan-NENA Community Health Center located on the Lower East Side.
The Director of Prevention & Support Services works in conjunction with the Medical Director to fully integrate the continuum of HIV services into the general health care program of the Ryan Center. This includes management of staff, oversight of program deliverables, and planning for the strategic growth of HIV services. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Network.
Management, Supervision and Development
- Oversees, in partnership with the Clinical Care Coordinator, the direction, coordination, and administration of the Ryan Center’s HIV/AIDS services programs.
- Provides direct supervision to HIV Prevention and HIV Care staff at the Ryan Center, including: recruitment, day-to-day supervision, support, staff evaluations, handling of disciplinary actions (as necessary), coordinating of schedules, and tracking of FTE allocations on grant funded programs.
- Assesses for and coordinates the implementation of staff training and development needs.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Care Coordinator and Medical Director, plans for and implements provider training and development around HIV prevention and treatment.
- Oversees the development and implementation of HIV services across Ryan Network, including the Consumer Advisory Group, through collaboration with the HIV Medical Director and other Ryan Network HIV Directors.
Program Development, Implementation, and Monitoring
- Identifies and responds to, in partnership with Ryan Network’s Planning Department, funding opportunities related to HIV prevention and treatment services.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of programmatic and fiscal reports for HIV-related grant funded programs.
- Reviews, updates, and develops policies related to the development and implementation of HIV services at Ryan Center, as well as ensuring the Center’s compliance with HIV confidentiality laws.
- In partnership with Ryan Center’s Finance/Accounting Department, develops budgets and monitors spending for Ryan Center’s HIV programs.
- In collaboration with Ryan Network’s Quality Team, ensures the development and implementation of evaluative mechanisms that measure the effectiveness, performance, and quality for all HIV-related services.
- Develops, fosters, and maintains relationships with community partners and HIV-related governmental and funding agencies and serve as liaison for Ryan Center.
- Attends required meetings, conferences, symposia, and other events as assigned.
- Immediately reports any problems or unusual occurrences to the Medical Director.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- In-depth knowledge of HIV disease prevention and treatment, specifically as related to underserved and marginalized communities.
- Effective communication and writing skills.
- Proven track record of organization, attention to detail and ability to respond promptly to requests, and anticipate organizational needs.
- Strong computer literacy with proficiency in standard office software/hardware such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Master’s in Public Health, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- HIV Counseling and Testing Certification.
- 2 years’ experience in program development, management/supervision, curriculum development, and community-based work.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please forward resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference the job title in the subject line.