Facilities and Security Supervisor
The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that deliver high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a Facilities and Security Supervisor for Ryan/Chelsea-Clinton Community Health Center located in Midtown West.
Provide direct supervision and training to the Facilities staff, ensuring that all the Center sites and equipment are maintained in a clean and safe manner and in compliance with all regulatory mandates. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of the Center and the Ryan Network.
1. Assist in the selection and hiring of Housekeepers and Security Guards.
2. Supervise, train, evaluate and discipline Housekeepers and Security Guards, as appropriate.
3. Conduct daily inspections of the facilities, identify and correct deficiencies, complete logs and inform the Facilities Manager of findings, including School Based Health Center.
4. Provide supervision to assigned staff demonstrated through strong organizational skills, and proven ability to coach, train, motivate, instruct, schedule, direct and monitor same.
5. Conduct day-to-day Purchasing, Facilities, Housekeeping and Security Department business in a professional manner, respecting opinions of staff, listen to concerns, respond accordingly and treat staff, patients and visitors with respect and courtesy.
6. Assist with the development and implementation of work schedules and assign personnel to established work areas or project duties.
7. Maintain an inventory of clinical and housekeeping supplies and equipment, submit requisitions in a timely manner to replenish supplies. Assist with tracking and submitting packing slips as per Center policy & procedure. Responsible for keeping all storage areas appropriately stocked and organized.
8. Provide hand-on support when short staffed or during times when additional precautions may be required, such as snowstorms, transit strikes, etc.
9. Assist with orientation, training, drills, competency assessments and evaluations for staff as directed.
10. Ensure compliance with Ryan Network policies and procedures by meeting and communicating regularly with staff to ensure awareness.
11. Ensure compliance with all City, State, Federal, Joint Commission and other regulatory agency mandates.
12. Respond to fires, fire alarms, and other emergencies during your shift and take appropriate action to protect the Centers patients, visitors and property.
13. Assist with the planning and implementation of the Centers special functions and events.
14. Assist with updating logs, manuals, permits, service contracts for the department.
15. Attend conferences or training sessions as needed.
16. Assist with emergencies at other sites within the Network as required
17. Immediately report any problems unusual occurrences to supervisor.
18. Perform other duties as assigned or when necessary.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Three years of experience in direct Maintenance and Housekeeping duties.
- Effective communication and writing skills.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to respond promptly to requests, anticipate organizational needs, and maintain efficient office operations.
- Strong computer literacy with proficiency in standard office software/hardware such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
High School Diploma/GED.
- Bachelor degree or some college.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking desired.
- Basic maintenance skills such as plumbing, electrical, painting.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.