Health IT Training Coordinator
The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a Health IT Training Coordinator for Ryan Network. This position will be located at the William F. Ryan Community Health Center on the Upper West Side.
Under the direction of the Sr. Project Manager, the Training Coordinator will organize and conduct in- house training for users of eClinicalWorks, DRVS, HealthIX, Community Gateway, MS Office products and other Health IT systems as necessary. Responsible for all activities associated with training for orientation of new employees, ongoing training of current employees on new/changed functionality, the development of training materials, and upkeep of the training environment. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Network.
• Conduct classroom training sessions, in-services, for groups and individuals.
• Develop training exercises, workflows, and materials for users of Health IT systems, leveraging
tools like Lynda when applicable.
• Develop and maintain user manuals, policies/procedures, and reference materials that are
relevant to current practice in collaboration with internal stakeholders and liaise with subject
matter experts regarding instruction design.
• Proactively maintain the training environment, including setup of electronic training, preparing
class rosters, etc.
• Advise and manage long term training plans, schedules, and curriculums.
• Conduct needs assessments, program evaluations, and end-user proficiency assessments.
• Assess recommendations and incorporate into future training sessions.
• Prepare and support super users to facilitate a train-the-trainer model.
• Maintain the “Training” site on Netty (Ryan’s Intranet) including calendar of training events,
user manuals, and other documentation.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Sr. Project Manager and Chief Information Officer.
• Report any unusual events or problems with program operations to the Sr. Project Manager.
• Attend all meeting and/or training sessions as required.
• Other special projects/assignments as needed.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
• Minimum three years of training experience in Health IT tools, i.e. eHR applications and clinical informatics with a focus on performance improvement and data integrity.
• Experience in instructional design and presentation skills. Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
• B.S. degree, preferably in Education/Training, Informatics, or related field.
• Master in Public Health, Healthcare Informatics, or relevant field.
• Bilingual English/Spanish.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please forward resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference the job title in the subject line.