Licensed Practical Nurse
The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that deliver high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking an LPNs for several of our health centers throughout Manhattan, including the Upper West Side, Harlem, Lower East Side, and Midtown West.
Provide clinical nursing function based on department’s needs. Assist practitioners; provide patient education and other nursing procedures as assigned in the clinical areas. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Network.
- Under the supervision of the RN Unit Manager, responsible for screening, discharging, interviewing, counseling, and teaching patients in the clinical areas; reports and documents clinical observations and findings in patient’s medical record.
- Responsible for obtaining vital signs including pain and education screen and BMI, administering medications and treatments, and fulfilling specific orders designated by the practitioners. (immunizations, PPD, Inhalation Treatments, etc.) according to nursing standard and Center protocols.
- Perform procedures including, but not limited to, EKG’s, Hearing and Vision tests, Bone Density, Blood Glucose, etc.
- Assist providers with examinations, minor surgery, etc., and participate in routine diagnostic and therapeutic testing and treatment, as per LPN license.
- Order medications, immunizations, and other supplies. Maintain records of controlled substances, and keep accurate accounting of same.
- Process laboratory tests, referral and x-ray requisition forms according to Center protocols and clinical guidelines.
- Retrieve laboratory and radiology reports for practitioners.
- Maintain emergency bag, oxygen tanks, and other clinical equipment per Center protocols.
- Perform follow-up procedures for abnormal lab results, Urgent Lab Recalls and missed appointments.
- Responsible for cleaning, disinfecting, sterilizing and maintaining clinical equipment and medical instruments, as per Center protocols.
- Prepare and organize supplies in examination rooms. This includes preparing examination table, ensuring that supplies are maintained in an organized manner in cabinets, and ensuring that all necessary instruments and supplies are readily available for practitioner’s use.
- Perform nursing duties in accordance with current National Patient Safety Goals and JAHCO standards.
- Communicate with clinical, clerical, and managerial staff to provide continuity of patient care.
- Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with OSHA Blood Bone Pathogens Standards, and Center policies and procedures.
- Attend Center Meetings as required and assigned.
- Report any unusual occurrences or problems in a timely manner to Unit Manager.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Two years of experience in ambulatory setting (emergency room, clinic or health center).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to think clearly and to work in a busy clinic.
- Working experience with electronic medical records software.
- Strong skills in a Microsoft Outlook and Word.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- High School Diploma and graduation from an approved School of Practical Nursing.
- Valid LPN License in New York State.
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- Phlebotomy certification
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Equal Opportunity Employer
William F. Ryan Community Health Network is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.