The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking Nurse Practitioners for several of our community health centers in Manhattan.
- Provide care to patients with acute or subacute medical problems. This responsibility includes the recognition of acute symptoms, management of emergencies, detection of abnormal findings on physical assessments, reporting of findings, and clinical decision making.
- In collaboration with supervising physician, provide routine treatment based on policies, protocols, and practice agreements appropriate for licensure for treatment of acute medical problems. Provide appropriate information to patient.
- Provide care to patients with chronic disorders. Initiate requests for indicated diagnostic tests, begin appropriate pharmacological therapy, make adjustments in prescribed medication as needed, monitor compliance with treatment plans, and ensure continuity of care. Provide direct nursing treatments, administration of medications, and other nursing services as needed.
- Develop and implement a plan of care for each patient, including additional diagnostic studies; treatments, including prescribing medications within protocols under physician’s supervision; referral to other health care providers and for social services; teaching, counseling, and assisting patients and other involved persons to assume responsibility for self-care, prevention of illness, and promotion of health; document and complete all patient encounters and follow-up in a timely manner in accordance with agency and regulatory policy; follow-up to assure continuity of care.
- Participate in on-going session with supervising physician regarding medical care responsibilities.
- Assist in developing procedures and protocols for patient care.
- Work at other clinical primary care areas, as assigned by supervisor.
- Participate in peer review sessions and other Quality Improvement activities.
- Maintain and increase clinical skills by participating in professional training.
- Collect and report statistical data on services provided to patients.
- Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne
Pathogens standards, and Center policies and procedures.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- 1-2 years of experience in Ambulatory Care Setting and Community Health Care.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
- Nurse Practitioner Certification.
- New York State License.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
Please forward resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference the job title in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.