Patient Navigator (Part-Time)
The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a Patient Navigator (Part-Time) for Ryan/Chelsea-Clinton Community Health Center in Midtown West. The schedule for this position is 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, two weekdays; 11AM – 7PM, one weekday.
Under the direction of the BHI Social Work Supervisor, in conjunction with Geriatric Social Worker and Site Medical Director, the Patient Navigator provides care coordination, health education, and health promotion services to address barriers to care and to ensure that senior patients 60 and older are all identified and services provided. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Network.
1. Assesses and enrolls, as appropriate, patients for patient navigation/care management services, including New York State Health Home and Patient Centered Medical Home.
2. Develops, implements, monitors, and reassesses comprehensive care plans to address barriers and expected health outcomes and self-management goals, incorporating, as clinically appropriate, the role of medical practitioners, behavioral health providers, and other community providers.
3. Collaborates and consults with the patient’s care team, including both Ryan and non-Ryan providers, in identifying service gaps as a part of care planning, case disposition, and case closure.
4. Schedules patient appointments with Ryan providers and, as necessary, provides referrals and appointment follow-up with non-Ryan service and medical providers.
5. Informs and assists patients with enrolling in relevant benefits and entitlement programs and health insurance programs through the New York State of Health Marketplace.
Outreach and Enrollment
6. Conducts intensive outreach to our elderly patients that have disengaged or are at risk of disengaging from care, and individuals whose psychosocial stressors are limiting their success in achieving healthy outcomes, and who can benefit from patient navigation, including enrollment and participation in New York State Health Home.
7. Provides home, hospital, or community site visits and escorts patients to medical and non-medical appointments, as indicated in the patient’s care plan and as approved by the BHI Social Work Supervisor and/or Site Medical Director.
8. Develops linkages between community agencies and resources to ensure continuity of care.
Documentation & Quality Assurance
10. Ensures completion of mandated assessments within specified time periods according to regulatory bodies, including the New York State Department of Health
11. Maintains patient records in accordance with agency protocols and standards using Ryan’s electronic medical record system, as well as care management systems used between Ryan and the State of New York.
12. Participates in Quality Improvement/Performance Improvement (QI/PI) teams, for the purpose of identifying, planning, implementing, and evaluating QI/PI initiatives.
Policies, Procedures, & Compliance
13. Attends required meetings, case conferences, supervision, trainings, Ryan events, and professional conferences as assigned.
14. Immediately reports any problems or unusual occurrences to the BHI Social Work Supervisor, Director of Special Projects, or appropriate site administrator.
15. Special projects and other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- • 2 years of relevant experience working with a population with chronic conditions in a medical setting.
- • Effective communication and writing skills.
- • Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- • Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- • Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field.
- • Bilingual Spanish/English.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.