Patient Services Assistant Manager
The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a Patient Services Assistant Manager for our Ryan/Chelsea-Clinton Community Health Center on 46th Street in Manhattan.
Assists the Patient Services Manager (PSM) to manage all aspects of the Patient Services and Medical Records Department with the goal of meeting and/or exceeding the Center’s patient visit and patient satisfaction goals. Assists the PSM to implement procedures that address regulatory guidelines and improve patient satisfaction. Assists in staff training and development and disseminating best practices within Patient Services and Medical Records Department. This position also has direct responsibility for managing referrals workflow and the Patient Services and Medical Records functions for the School Based Health Center. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Network.
- Assists the PSM in meeting/exceeding annual patient visit and patient satisfaction goals.
- Assists the PSM in developing and monitoring schedules in the Center’s EHR in consultation with the Deputy Director and Medical Director. Creates and manages Resident schedules in EHR for Residency Program and send notice of changes in Resident & Preceptor schedules to appropriate staff.
- Assists the PSM in staffing Patient Services and Medical Records Department as per Center needs. Assists the PSM in hiring, training and performance management and evaluation of Patient Services and Medical Records staff.
- Assists the PSM in managing the Patient Services workflow associated with patient registration, insurance verification, patient check-in, making same day and follow-up appointments, patient payment reconciliation, communicating with patients by making and answering phone calls.
- Facilitate access of the Center’s special populations to appropriate 3rd party insurance coverage and supervise Facilitated Enrollment.
- Assists the PSM in implementing Managed Care Incentive programs and other special programs to maximize revenue generation.
- Assists the PSM in communicating with and responding to patients using HIPAA-compliant communication methods such as patient portal, e-messenger, etc.
- Assists the PSM in customer services and patient coordination issues related to patient insurance, laboratory invoices, urgent appointments etc.
- Assists the PSM in creating, maintaining and implementing approved Center policies and procedures which facilitate patient care delivery, and accurate reporting requirements.
- Under the guidance of PSM, lead, manage and coordinate specialty appointment referrals to Ryan Network Specialists, back-up to hospital specialists or specialists of patient’s choice. Lead the implementation and updating of approved policies & procedures on processing of referrals and diagnostic imaging orders, follow-up with patients and referral sites for consult notes.
- Directly manage Patient Services & Medical Records functions at the School Based Health Centers under the guidance of the Deputy Director.
- Maintain and manage MetroCard reimbursement log & reports and request Metro Cards from Finance Department.
- Coordinate inter-departmental programs and reports as they relate to the Department’s functions. Represent Patient Services Department and the Center in Network-Wide Committees and other workgroups as requested.
- Immediately report any problems and/or unusual occurrences to Supervisor or other departments as needed.
- Must demonstrate a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, immediate supervisor, and other employees.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Patient Services Manager and the Deputy Director.
- Monitor and ensure that the Center is in compliance with HIPPA regulations at all times.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Experience in Data processing operations and/or systems flow preferably with electronic health records (EHR).
- Minimum of three years’ experience in 3rd party entitlement programs in a health care setting (including, Medicaid, Medicare and managed care plans).
- Three years minimum of supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel is required.
- Willing to travel to different work sites as needed.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of 4 years of equivalent experience in a managerial position supervising patient services or Associate Degree with equivalent years of experience.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish).
- Experience with eClinicalWorks electronic health record system.
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient.
- Works well with others
- Contributes input to improve outcomes
- Asks others for opinions and feedback, provides feedback in a tactful respectful way
Minimal Training Time:
- 6-month probationary period.
Please forward resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference the job title in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.