Patient Services Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
DEPARTMENT: Patient Services
NETWORK SITE(S): NENA
SUPERVISES OTHERS: Yes
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Assist Director of Patient Services with day-to-day operations of the Patient Service units of the Center. Coordinate managed care activities as they affect patient utilization and reimbursement. Promote services of the Network. Maximize revenue from all 3rd party resources. Promote services of the Network. Represent and safeguard the Network’s mission and ensure adherence to policies and procedures. Provide the highest quality customer service to ensure patient satisfaction. In coordination with the Director of Operations, provide department staff with ongoing customer service oversite and training. Cross-train Patient Services staff in order to assure consistent and on-going coverage of all job functions. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Network.
- Assist Director of Operations with the day-day functions of the Patient Services Department including hiring, training, evaluation and discipline of staff. Provide coverage in all areas of the Department as needed.
- Oversee and supervise the Facilitated Enrollment project.
- Ensure promotion of all appropriate entitlement programs.
- Facilitate access of the Center’s special populations to appropriate 3rd party insurance coverage.
- Distribute informational materials in a variety of Center and community settings. Dispense approved Network patient registration materials to newly registered and incumbent patients.
- Coordinate, develop and implement all activities pertaining to 3rd party enrollment procedures, including application, eligibility and follow-up, and delivery of completed applications to appropriate vendor.
- Represent the Center at outreach functions which pertain to insurance recruitment efforts. Attend seminars, meetings and conferences to stay abreast of all new developments pertaining to changes in Medicaid and other 3rd party billing requirements.
- Implement appropriate procedures to remain in compliance.
- Assist in monitoring and tracking referrals as per the Network’s standards. Assist with scheduling referrals, as necessary and in obtaining consults and DI reports.
- Work with Patient Accounts staff to guarantee that all visits are properly checked out to ensure timely revenue.
- Assist in training staff and monitoring performance in the use of all applicable systems.
- Perform cash reconciliation on monies, (cash, checks, debit/credit cards) collected for patient fees, and ensure monies are secured as per procedure.
- Prepare and submit quarterly absence and lateness report.
- Work on special projects and attend meetings as assigned.
- Participate in Administrative Evening and Saturday coverage.
Immediately report unusual problems or occurrences to immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrate a professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, immediate supervisor and other employees.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing on-going staff monitoring and training.
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in 3rd party entitlement programs in a health care setting (including, Medicaid, Medicare and managed care plans).
- Three years minimum of supervisory experience.
- Willing to travel to different work sites as needed.
- Proven ability to work well and communicate effectively with others.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Windows, Office Word Computer and Electronic Health Record System.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Medicaid Certification Pre-screening for eligibility.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Experience with eClinicalWorks electronic health record system.
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient.
- Works well with others.
- Contributes input to improve outcomes.
- Asks others for opinions and feedback; provides feedback in a tactful respectful way.
Minimal Training Time:
- 6-month probationary period.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work is primarily in a mental health clinic and/or general primary care setting which includes the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious. Adequate preparation and precaution is necessary.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.