Patient Support Center Representative (Bilingual)
The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a Patient Support Center Representative for our Ryan Women and Children’s Center located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. The work hours for this position are: Mondays and Thursdays, 11am-7pm; Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 9am-5pm.
The Patient Support Center Representative handles all patient support transactions, including but not limited to incoming telephone calls, outgoing telephone calls, and electronic (web) requests in an efficient, professional and patient focused manner. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of the Ryan Network.
1. Using excellent customer service techniques, handle daily transactions of the Patient Support Center by responding to patient requests received by telephone/web to schedule, cancel and reschedule appointments.
Schedule appointments as requested by patient, including but not limited to primary care, labs, specialty and referral appointments, as appropriate.
Verify patient’s identity using established patient identifier processes & procedures.
Verify patient’s contact information, i.e. telephone, name, email, etc. and update patients’ demographic information in Electronic Health Record to ensure data quality and validity.
Pre-register and schedule appointments for new patients.
Attempt to complete all aspects of patient request in one transaction without transferring call. Re-route calls only when necessary to fulfill patient requests.
2. Meet performance targets of established indicators as identified by Patient Support Center Supervisor.
3. Promote Ryan Network services to patients and assist with Patient engagement tools (ie. Patient portal enrollment.)
4. Follow Patient Support Center Standard Operating Procedures, and apply best practices to insure high quality patient satisfaction; escalate issues to Patient Support Center Supervisor, as necessary.
5. Participate in all department trainings, data gathering sessions and, as necessary, organization-wide training initiatives.
6. Speak and perform duties tactfully and confidentially.
7. Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to Patient Support Center Supervisor or designee.
8. Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum two (2) years of work experience in contact center operations, workflows, with a focus on performance improvement and data integrity.
- Experience in a customer service environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Advanced degree (i.e. Associate’s or Bachelor’s).
- Prior experience in a multi-site Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or other health care environment.
- Experience with practice management workflow & eClinical Works.
- Experience with ShoreTel Workgroups.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference the job title in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.