The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a Bilingual Patient Support Center Triage Nurse for our William F. Ryan Community Health Center and Ryan Women and Children’s Center located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
Under the direction of the CNO and CIO, the Patient Support Center Nurse will follow established protocols to respond to time-sensitive, clinically-related issues which come through the Ryan Center’s Unified Communication System via telephone, web, patient portal, email, and chat. These requests could originate from patients, pharmacies, external health systems/centers (i.e. Emergency Departments or hospitals, specialty practices), home care agencies, and more.
- Promptly receive and handle incoming telephone calls (after they are screened by a Patient Services Representative) which involve a time-sensitive, clinically-related concern.
- Assist with portal/email/chat requests regarding the clinical needs of patients.
- Obtain complete and relevant additional information from patients over the phone in order to
appropriately refer and/or counsel them (i.e. make a future appointment, come in for a walk-
in/same-day visit, proceed to the ER, etc.)
- Document the call and subsequent advice given in the Center’s electronic health record.
- As requested by patients and/or pharmacies, send refill orders as indicated by existing
documentation made by the Center’s providers in the health record. Respond to pharmacies having issues dispensing medications for patients (didn’t receive prescription, medication not covered by insurance company, etc.).
- Assist with resolving referral issues, for example: original referral expired but the patient has secured an appointment in the near future and needs a new referral placed.
- Works with other nurse managers across the Ryan Network to ensure continuity and quality of care.
- Assist with medication/DME prior-authorization as needed.
- Follow Ryan Center clinical protocols.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- 1-2 years’ clinical experience working as a Nurse Practitioner or Registered Nurse in a healthcare community setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extremely good listening skills, including the ability to interpret subtle indications (change in
voice tone, hesitation, and incomplete responses) in order to properly assess the clinical needs
of patients without a face-to-face encounter.
- Ability to make a sound, reasonable clinical judgment without relying on visual observations or
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and follow-up tasks to completion.
- Computer literate.
Education, Licenses and/or Certification Required:
- B.S. in Nursing
- Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner licensure in the State of New York
- Experience with EHR system
- Experience in ambulatory setting
- Call center or member services experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Please forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference job title in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.