The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a Practice Facilitator for our community health Center located on West 97th Street on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
The Practice Facilitator is responsible for facilitating and coaching Ryan Center clinical practices in practice re-design, Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) transformation, and DSRIP project development. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of the Ryan Network.
- Guide Ryan Center clinical practices in systematically making improvements in practice operations and clinical quality, according to performance and quality improvement methodology and in alignment with the strategic goals of the Ryan Network.
- Structure, coordinate, and facilitate consistent performance and quality improvement team meetings according to specified Ryan model.
- Collaborate with Ryan leadership, site administrative and clinical leadership, academic department leaders and other Ryan and Mount Sinai stakeholders to develop and execute strategies for instituting new processes to transform Ryan sites to the PCMH model of care and support DSRIP projects.
- Evaluate process and outcomes data with site teams and Ryan leadership which serves as documentation of re-design efforts and tracks implementation progress. Assist sites with utilizing the data to inform ongoing improvement.
- Collaborate with site staff to develop communication plans and organize clinical and administrative training sessions that support care transformation.
- Support the development and dissemination of relevant project materials and communications.
- Report on progress of transformation efforts at various Ryan meetings to foster the sharing of best
practices and standardization of Ryan processes.
- Assist Director of Quality, Ryan senior leadership, and other stakeholders in planning, organizing,
and executing organization-wide Collaborative meetings to share best practices and introduce new
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a health care setting.
- Minimum of 2 years of project management experience.
- Experience with implementing change efforts within organizations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and/or verbally with individuals at all levels.
- Comfortable with public speaking & presenting.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office tools for data analysis, interpretation,
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
- Master’s in Public Health or Administration.
- Clinical experience.
- Knowledge of health IT and electronic medical records.
- Change management/QI coaching experience.
- Experience working with medical center leadership, staff, and senior leadership on Change
- Knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home standards, Accountable Care Organizations, physician
incentive programs, and other healthcare reform efforts.
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient
served (if applicable).
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient.
- Works well with others.
- Contributes input to improve outcomes.
- Asks others for opinions and feedback, provides feedback in a tactful respectful way.
Job Specific Competencies Required:
- Oversight of agenda setting and minute keeping.
- Ensuring meeting flow, focus, and effectiveness.
- Demonstrates time management.
- Exhibits excellent verbal and written abilities.
- Demonstrates active listening.
- Proficient in public speaking.
- Develops strategies and plans for projects.
- Follows-up on action items and sets deadlines.
- Uses project management tools and trackers.
- Demonstrates time management.
Data Analysis and Presentation:
- Able to read and interpret data.
- Able to present data and display data graphically.
Minimal Training Time:
180 actual workdays probationary period.
Ability to travel to all Ryan Centers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is primarily in a mental health clinic and/or general primary care setting which includes the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious. Adequate preparation and precaution is necessary.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
For consideration, please forward resume to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
William F. Ryan Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.