QUALITY IMPROVEMENT MANAGER
The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a Quality Improvement Manager for our William F. Ryan Community Health Center located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
The Quality Improvement Manager works in conjunction with the Director of Quality Improvement to develop, implement, and manage Quality Improvement (QI) initiatives for all clinical areas for the Ryan Network. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Network.
Development, Implementation, Monitoring, and Evaluation
1. Direct and manage all aspects of the health services QI initiatives, including disease management initiatives, in collaboration with appropriate medical leadership and administrators.
2. Design study methods and tools, procedures, and sampling strategies for reliable data and statistics; collate, tabulate, display, and disseminate data.
3. Maintain records of all QI initiatives.
4. Provide in-service trainings to Department Heads, clinical staff, and other appropriate staff on QI issues and regulation changes.
5. Prepare reports for Ryan Network QI committees; Performance Improvement Committee; monitor QI activities for clinical and operational staff.
6. Evaluate and summarize QI activities for Administration and Board of Directors’ QI Committee.
7. Support Patient Centered Medical Home implementation and reaccreditation efforts for the Network.
8. Support Joint Commission reaccreditation efforts for the Network
9. Support DSRIP Implementation and Management
10. Provide support to Care Management Services
11. Support other Quality Improvement activities throughout the network as per the Director of Quality Improvement, the Chief Medical Officer or CEO.
12. Maintain contact with regulatory agencies regarding policies and regulations pertinent to maintaining an effective QI Program.
13. Work with Managed Care Organizations on QI initiatives; assure that Ryan Network is maximizing quality incentives.
14. Provides direct supervision to QI staff, including: recruitment, day-to-day supervision, support, staff evaluations, handling of disciplinary actions (as necessary), coordinating of schedules, and tracking of FTE allocations on grant funded programs (as appropriate).
15. Act as Quality Improvement Liaison for other Ryan Network committees (e.g., HIV, etc.).
16. Assist the Director of Quality Improvement or designee during site visits from regulatory agencies.
17. Coordinate the efforts to complete the Unified Data Systems (UDS) report.
18. Enforce Ryan Network and regulatory policies on confidentiality in collaboration with the Medical Records Supervisor.
19. Remain up-to-date on pertinent quality standards.
20. Report any unusual occurrences or issues to Administration in a timely manner.
21. Serve as Evening Administrator on a rotational basis.
22. Attend all meetings and/or training sessions as required.
23. Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
24. Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and/or Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant filed.
- Minimum 3 years of Quality Improvement experience.
- Knowledge of federal and local quality standards, across health concerns.
- Effective communication and writing skills.
- Proven track record of organization, attention to detail and ability to respond promptly to requests,
- anticipate organizational needs, and maintain efficient office operations.
- Strong computer literacy with proficiency in standard office software/hardware such as Microsoft
- Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Licenses and/or Certification Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Licensed and registered as a Registered Nurse in New York State.
- Master in Public Health or related field.
- Supervisory experience
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender preference, gender expression, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.