RN Care Manager
The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking an RN Care Manager for our Ryan-NENA Community Health Center located on the Lower East Side of Manhattan.
Serve as clinical point person for care coordination in HIV Services by triaging patients and urgent care needs and arranging Comprehensive Evaluations (COE), Monitoring Visits (MON) and Specialty Care appointments. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Network.
- In conjunction with the HIV Clinical Care Coordinator, manage care coordination, which includes pre-visit planning, obtaining prior authorizations with pharmacies and managed care organizations, “triaging” patient inquiries/urgent care needs, fielding calls from partner hospitals and collaborating organizations with the goal of improved care team flow.
- Assure that specialty consultations are appropriately timed.
- Assure that all patients, regardless of their disease stage, are provided an annual COE to review
partner notification, safer sex, substance use, healthcare maintenance, and psychosocial issues.
- Assure that at all MONs and practitioners make recommendations regarding specific antiretroviral therapy and, if clinically indicated, prophylaxis treatment against opportunistic pathogens related to HIV infection.
- Refer patients to specialty providers including optometry, ophthalmology, dental, dermatology, gastroenterology (including viral hepatitis evaluation/treatment), nutrition, podiatry, obstetrics/gynecology, cardiology, urology, and mental health.
- Ensure that the medical team is comprised of nursing staff and support staff who can perform intensive medication adherence counseling, extend health outreach, and provide targeted education to patients who may be in need of more intensive medical services.
- Attend community and Center meetings and case conferences as assigned.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Three years of experience working with people living with HIV.
- Knowledge of HIV treatment and services, as well as basic HIV pathophysiology.
- Experience in health education, training and evaluating staff, and outcome measures.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and computer skills.
Education, Licenses and/or Certification Required:
- Associates degree in Nursing with minimum 10 years of related experience or BS in Nursing with minimum 3 years of related experience.
- NYS Licensed Registered Nurse.
- HIV Counseling and Testing Certification
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Customer Service
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the
patient served (if applicable).
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient.
- Works well with others.
- Contributes input to improve outcomes.
- Asks others for opinions and feedback; provides feedback in a tactful respectful way.
Minimal Training Time:
180 actual workdays probationary period.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is primarily in a mental health clinic and/or general primary care setting which includes the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Please forward resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference job title in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.