The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a Security Officer for our Ryan Women & Children’s Health Center on the Upper West Side. The hours for this position are: Mon. & Thurs.: 11AM-7PM; Tues., Wed., Fri.: 10AM-6PM.
Ensure the safety of patients, visitors, and employees of the William F. Ryan Community Health Center to safeguard the property and equipment of the Center. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of the Ryan Network.
- • Ensure that valid I.D. cards are worn by all employees while in the facility.
- • Maintain a daily visitor/vendor sign-in log, and issue daily visitor passes to guests, vendors, and visitors.
- • Assist all disabled patients in going to appropriate service area.
- • Prohibit all unauthorized persons from entering the premises.
- • Prohibit grocery carts and bicycles from going beyond the Security Station. Issue claim tickets for all property safeguarded at the Security Station.
- • Prohibit and report all unauthorized vending activities between employees and patients or visitors.
- • Arrange for medically necessary transportation.
- • Prohibit the use of cigarettes, cigars, smoking pipes, and other flammable materials in all areas of the facilities.
- • Prohibit eating and drinking, except in designated area.
- • Prohibit and report all unauthorized recreational activities and vandalism.
- • Maintain groomed appearance in regulation uniform while on duty.
- • Remain at designated post at all times, except during an emergency, and upon obtaining proper relief.
- • Routinely patrol and survey facility as appropriate.
- • Greet, screen and direct patients, visitors and vendor traffic entering the premises. This includes directing patients to appropriate service area and announcing visitors, applicants, and vendors to appropriate department staff.
- • Check and secure all doors and windows routinely at the beginning and end of each shift.
- • Distribute and collect all restricted keys at the beginning and end of each day.
- • Activate and deactivate the burglar alarm system at designated times.
- • Escort all persons acting in a disorderly fashion out of the facility at the request of Administration and department heads or supervisors.
- • Maintain all entrances and exits clear of people and objects.
- • Prepare and submit all incident and accident reports in a timely fashion.
- • Check and report all hazardous conditions, violations of Center policies and procedures, and missing furniture and equipment.
- • Attend all meetings and training sessions as required.
- • Must be able to be contacted by cell phone for immediate notification.
- • Maintain daily sick log, and make appropriate entries.
- • Maintain found property log, and make appropriate entries.
- • Direct emergency personnel, EMS, Fire Department, and Police Department upon their response to the Center, and make appropriate entries in the 911 log book.
- • Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor and Administration.
- • Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens standard, and Center policies and procedures.
- • Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- • Two years related security experience.
- • Experience in dealing with the general public.
- • Ability to respond quickly in emergency situations.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
- • High school diploma or GED.
- • Valid Security Guard License Registration Card issued by the State of New York Department of State.
Please forward resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference the job title in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.