Transportation Clerk/Messenger (Part-Time)
The William F. Ryan Community Health Network is a group of not-for-profit, federally qualified health centers that delivers high quality, affordable and comprehensive medical care to diverse and underserved communities. We are currently seeking a PT Transportation Clerk/Messenger for our William F. Ryan Community Health Center located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. The work schedule for this position is Monday – Friday, 12pm – 5pm.
Provide daily coverage for health center’s Transportation Desk, including performing messenger service to various Manhattan locations on a scheduled and as needed basis, arranging transportation for registered patients who are eligible for Ambulette service, and performing clerical services as needed. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of the Ryan Network.
- Responsible for the daily coverage of Transportation Desk, including:
- Answering telephones.
- b. Providing messenger service.
- c. Distributing tokens/metro cards to eligible patients.
- d. Daily and monthly accounting of MetroCard inventory.
- As requested, provide patients with application for Ambulate service.
- Responsible for completing all daily pick-ups and deliveries, including but not limited to all Ryan sites, St. Luke’s/Roosevelt Hospital, Westside Radiology, U.S Post Office, New York City, New York State, and U.S. Federal agencies and other locations as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate Transportation Log Book for all messenger trips made on a daily basis; including recording the departure time, and arrival time for each trip.
- Responsible for completing Petty Cash Request Form for emergency authorization for bus, subway and taxi, as requested by an authorized department head or supervisor.
- On a daily basis, note in eClinicalWorks software all arriving patients with appointments for Laboratory and Radiology, and direct patients to the appropriate waiting area.
- Attend all meetings and/or training sessions as requested.
Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum two years of front desk customer services experience.
- Ability to carry heavy packages weighing up to 30-40 lbs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word and Outlook.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Messenger or delivery experience.
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, immediate supervisor and other employees.
- Commit to exceeding expectations of the patients and immediate supervisor.
- Works well with others
- Contributes input to improve outcomes
- Asks others for opinions and feedback, provides feedback in a tactful respectful way
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please forward resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference the job title in the subject line.