340B Program Coordinator - Ryan Health | W. 97th Street
The 340B Program Coordinator serves as Ryan Health’s compliance expert on 340B Program details, policies, and procedures and acts as the liaison with necessary affiliated departments to ensure 340B Program integrity. The position provides expertise with the 340B Program to staff regarding ongoing compliance, develops and maintains internal relationships and external relationships (wholesalers, contract pharmacies, and third-party administrator [TPA] vendors) as needed, and actively engages with senior leadership and participates in decision-making processes related to the implementation of new 340B processes.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are developed, implemented, and maintained according to organizational and state and federal requirements and guidelines.
- Provides ongoing training, education, and communication required for the 340B Program within the organization.
- Acts as staff to the organization’s P&T Committee.
- Responsible for ensuring that the annual HRSA recertification and registration of any new associated sites is completed within the allowable time frame and that the HRSA 340B OPAIS is accurate for all organization entities.
- Routinely audits all 340B programs to ensure compliance with regulations related to 340B purchasing, including monthly audits of all 340B-eligible locations, and Performs 340B purchasing and utilization audits or compliance assessments internally, as needed.
- Develops, executes, and documents self-audits of the 340B process. Coordinates and ensures remediation of findings.
- Reviews and negotiates any new 340B contracts. Maintains all 340B contracts.
- Manages relationships, billing services, and compliance with contracted 340B pharmacies.
- Evaluates all current and future contract pharmacy opportunities, including contract language, fee structure, data setup, and internal and independent external auditing.
- Responsible for managing and troubleshooting pharmacy billing issues and ensuring that adequate systems checks are reviewed to prevent billing issues.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management, compliance review, and operations of clinic-administered medications in eligible locations.
- Serves as the point person and coordinator for all external audits. Coordinates all requests and responses.
- Monitors and assesses 340B guidance and/or rule changes, including, but not limited to HRSA/OPA rules and Medicaid changes. Attends regular 340B trainings and shares lessons and hot topics with staff.
- Routinely monitors monthly and annual reports on 340B participation that clearly document utilization, savings, problem areas, and exceptions or discrepancies, to be passed on to leadership and administration.
- Coordinates monthly financial reporting and analysis, including, but not limited to, metric reporting, scorecards, and variance analysis and reporting.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Two to three years’ experience as a Pharmacy Technician, preferably in a retail environment
- Knowledge of the 340B program.
- A keen eye for detail, an analytical mind and good math skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Command of MS Office (specifically Excel).
- Organizational and leadership skills.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge of retail pharmacy operations and reimbursement.
- Experience within a Federally Qualified Health Center.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work is primarily in a mental health clinic and/or general primary care setting which includes the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious. Adequate preparation and precaution is necessary.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.