Accounting Associate- Ryan Health | West 97th Street
Responsible for the maintenance and processing of all Accounts Payable records, which serve as the basis of a major portion of the Center’s financial reporting. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Health.
- Oversee coding, input and posting of approved invoices to Solomon System’s Accounts Payable module. Prepare payable aging report for payment selection to be made. Routinely prepare check run on a weekly basis and prepare more often as needed. Mail checks to vendors.
- Maintain accuracy of vendor files in the Solomon System’s A/P module, reconciling all vendor statements to the system.
- Answer vendor inquiries regarding invoices and payments.
- Prepare and enter adjustment credits/adjustment debits and void checks into the accounts payable system as required.
- Reconcile the credit card clearing account.
- Prepare all necessary manual checks as required and manual check entries for electronic transfers.
- Assist with tax reports, 1099 contractors and audit of invoices.
- Assist with month-end close as necessary.
- Close the A/P module monthly
- At year-end, before closing A/P, run the Vendor History Reports
- Keep up to date all supplementary accounts payable spreadsheets for example, The eye clinic spreadsheet, the temporary agencies spreadsheet, the accrual worksheet, The CME worksheet, etc.
- Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Two years of actual experience in General Ledger and Accounts Payable/Bookkeeping, preferably in health or related field.
- Experience with accounting software, especially Solomon Software is preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word is required.
Education, Licenses and/or Certification Required:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of College or Business School with major in Bookkeeping or Accounting.
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient
- Works well with others
- Contributes input to improve outcomes
- Asks others for opinions and feedback; provides feedback in a tactful respectful way
Minimal Training Time:
Six months of actual workdays probationary period.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of this work occurs in an ambulatory care setting. The typical hazards associated with this setting are inherent in this role.
The work is performed partly in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment may vary.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.