Assistant Clinical Manager (BSN, RN)
Under the direction of Clinical Manager of Ryan Women and Children’s Center the Assistant Clinical Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Pediatrics and Women’s Health Unit, including the monitoring of patient flow, and clinical and administrative supervision of Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Medical Assistants, and phlebotomy staff. This position will have shared responsibilities with the Patient Support Center Triage Nurse alternating the coverage for both units. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of the Ryan Network.
• Assist the Clinical Manager in recruitment, hiring, training and supervising (clinically and administratively) all clinical support staff for Pediatric/Women’s Health clinic, and Laboratory staff.
• Assist the Clinical Manager in the oversight of all daily operations within the departments and report any unusual occurrences and problems to the Clinical Manager or Administration.
• Monitor patient flow and nursing/practitioner workload to ensure productivity of staff, quality of care, and patient satisfaction.
• Screen patients requesting to be seen on a walk-in basis to determine which must be seen by a practitioner that same day.
• Assist in the Development and implementation and monitoring of support staff schedules to facilitate the smooth functioning of the pediatric Department, Women’s Health clinic and Laboratory Unit.
• Respond to patient/patient’s family complaints and inquires; direct patients to the appropriate practitioner, department or referral source.
• Ensure that electronic medical information (charts, referral forms, prescriptions, lab slips, etc.) is kept in a complete, safe, organized and confidential manner.
• Provide clinical in-service training on an on-going basis to Medical Assistants and Licensed Practical Nurses.
• Assist the Clinical Manager in implementing, monitoring and evaluating grant objectives and developing clinical procedures for assigned staff.
• Serve as a liaison with other community agencies, health care providers, social services agencies, schools, etc.
• Forecast, administer, and document immunizations.
• Attend and participate in Center meetings as requested, including but not limited to Quality Improvement Meetings, Peer Review Meetings, Practitioners Meetings, and Supervisors Meetings. Co-Chair the monthly nursing meetings.
• Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served.
• Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens standards and Center policies and procedures.
• Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
• Work collaboratively with other Nursing/ Supervisors within the network and provide coverage in these areas as needed.
• Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Mon. Tues. Wed. Thurs. & Fri. 8:30 -4:30, 9:00 -5:00pm or 11:30am-7:30pm
(Hours are flexible and subject to change based on practice operation’s needs)
Expect at least 2 late days of 11:30am-7:30pm
Minimum Experience and Skills REQUIRED:
• Two (2) years of experience in ambulatory setting (i.e. emergency room, clinic, or health center).
• Pediatric and Women's Health experience.
• Supervisory experience.
• Proficiency in Electronic Health Record Systems.
• Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment: MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to direct activities in a busy clinical environment.
Education, Licenses and/or Certification Required:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) from accredited institution.
• Current New York State Registered Nurse (RN) License.
• Bilingual English/Spanish.
How To Apply
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.