Associate QI Data Analyst
The Associate QI Data Analyst is responsible for supporting and enhancing the Quality Improvement (QI) Department for a large community health center in New York City to ensure the provision of high quality, service-orientated patient care and supportive services. Under the direction of the Clinical Quality Manager of Quality Improvement, this position will support the Value Based Programs as well as help strengthen Ryan Health’s care delivery model in pursuit of clinical excellence. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of the Ryan Health.
- Support the Clinical Quality Manager’s efforts to enhance clinical outcomes and maximize revenue potential with the MCOs’ Quality Incentive Programs and Value Based Contracts.
- Review external care gap lists and reconcile against Ryan’s records to identify care gaps and discrepancies.
- Develop payer agnostic care gap lists and disseminate to appropriate personnel for outreach purposes.
- Analyze care gap data, develop outreach strategies, monitor efforts and review trends, areas of opportunities or barriers.
- Conduct chart reviews for care gaps and workflow compliance.
- Submit appeals and compliance data to insurance carriers, as appropriate.
- Assist in care model redesign which proactively engages patients and reduces care gaps.
- Assist the Quality Department to internally publish best practices, clinical workflows and educational material to improve clinical measure outcomes.
- Participate in health promotion campaigns and outreach calls to engage patients in activities that encourage self-management of health improvement goals.
- Maintain a working knowledge of clinical measure regulatory standards such as HEDIS and NQF and any other measure steward guidelines, as applicable
- Remain up-to-date on healthcare policies.
- Report any unusual occurrences or issues to Administration in a timely manner.
- Attend all meetings and/or training sessions as required.
- Immediately report any unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- One year of experience in a health care or not-for-profit position.
- Experience in data analysis.
- Excellent quality assurance/quality control, analytical and ability to cull and interpret data.
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff, specifically program staff.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to organize and package information in a concise and attractive manner.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Urban Planning, or related field.
- Familiarity with Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) measures.
- Experience in community-based settings.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
How To Apply
Please forward resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference the job title in the subject line.