The Benefits Administrator is responsible for all benefit related functions for Ryan Heath’s benefit eligible employees (non-1199), including ensuring enrollment in benefits, accurate deductions, payment of benefits, notifying SEIU 1199 of member eligibility, maintaining HR technology, and managing & tracking compliance of all employee leave of absences such as FMLA, PFL, Disability, WC, and others. The Benefits Administrator also processes ad-hoc reporting for compliance and auditing purposes on HRIS, and/or benefit carriers. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Health.
- Notify SEIU 1199 when union members become eligible for benefits, as 1199 manages the benefits for Ryan Health union members.
- Ensure enrollment in benefits for non-1199 staff (new and existing), this includes educating staff on benefit options, enrolling/dis-enrolling of benefits in a timely manner and providing necessary information to benefit carriers.
- Input/change all benefits that are stored in HRIS or other appropriate technology accurately and in timely manner.
- Ensures carrier connections are consistent and transmitting information accurately, this includes setting up new carrier connections and terminating non-needed connections as necessary.
- Maintain Aflac plan for grandfathered participants.
- Act as the point of contact for staff and carriers, answering questions, resolving issues and escalating as appropriate.
- Provide payroll department with bi-weekly deduction changes via electronic submission and/or spreadsheet.
- Submit monthly and/or bi-monthly FSA & CBP uploads and spreadsheets to FSA/CBP carrier & Finance.
- Communicate all COBRA events (new hires, terminations, age outs, etc.) to third party administrator.
- Ensure benefit information is updated on HR shared drive & Netty, and easy to access and locate.
- Coordinate benefit related employee events, such as health wellness and financial wellness events.
- Consistently communicate and promote the benefits of the Network to staff (i.e. carrier mobile apps, carrier newsletters, carrier updates, discount programs such as Working Advantage, Plum Benefits, Life Mart).
- Conduct benefit presentations during New Employee Orientation.
- Provide information to eligible staff and point person for HRSA loan repayment and other loan repayment or forgiveness programs.
- Ensure exiting staff members receive separation letters that are containing compliant and comprehensive information about how their benefits are impacted upon termination.
- Review carrier invoices for accuracy prior to seeking approval and audit invoices on a quarterly basis checking staff election against carrier invoices and staff elections against staff deductions.
- Participate in the negotiating of renewals and exploring benefits options.
- Manage open enrollment process, including HRIS/online open enrollment and ensure staff members are enrolled in new annual benefits and deductions are accurate.
- Update benefits summary and other documents that change due to new/revised benefit offerings on annual basis.
Employee Leave Management
- Inform 1199 union members about medical leaves and direct to contact 1199 Member Services for further questions about their medical leaves.
- Explain medical leaves (FMLA & STD) to non-1199 union employees and/or worker’s compensation to inquiring and impacted staff. Provide necessary forms and documented information regarding an employee’s leave.
- Send Employee on Leave & Return to Work notifications to Management, HR & Payroll.
- Notify payroll and carriers about medical leaves or worker’s compensation, ensuring timely notification to meet compliance requirements and ensure staff benefits are not delayed.
- Staying in contact with staff on medical leaves or worker’s compensation, answering questions, and providing written documentation on impact of benefits, employment status, etc. Keep direct supervisors & HR & Payroll teams updated on staff on leave, such us approved for FMLA, return to work dates or anticipated return to work dates.
- Responsible for completing in a timely manner, forms related to income verification & and ER for disability, FMLA, PFL, Workers Compensation, Aflac, and other carriers.
- Escalate management of a medical leave and/or worker’s compensation leave as necessary.
- Process appropriate payroll codes for paid leave and unpaid leave for medical leaves and worker’s compensation.
- Track all medical leaves and provide reporting as requested.
- Administer the Center’s retirement plans, including pension and 403(b) plans for appropriate eligible staff, this includes, but is not limited to, enrolling eligible staff and explaining the plan processes and benefits.
- Prepare necessary annual pension documents. Send annual notifications of pension plan contribution to staff and maintain records of employee eligibility and lead the pension audit process.
Compliance Requirements and File Maintenance
- Participate in preparing required ad-hoc reports for OSHA and filing of 5500 statements for the pension and benefit plans.
- Act as point person for all worker’s compensation incidents. Report all employee accidents to Worker’s Compensation, the Center’s Malpractice or Liability Insurance Company. Participate in all claims proceedings involving the Network.
- Participate in all claims proceedings involving Ryan Health.
- Ensure all benefit related functions are compliant w/applicable law.
- Recommend updates to policies and/or procedures based on changes in laws and/or changes in carrier practices.
- Ensure benefit documentation is maintained in appropriate filing system (HRIS and/or employee paper medical file).
- Participate on external audits such as Joint Commission.
Human Resources Technology System/Reports
- Maintain accurate information in HRIS relating to benefit functions.
- Report on benefit deductions, elections and payments as requested. Use best system/tracking method available to track and report.
- Maintain carrier connections for all benefit plans.
Employee Communications & Other Administrative Functions
- Communicate benefit information to staff as necessary and to promote use and awareness of Ryan Health benefit offerings.
- Assist with collection of feedback on benefit offerings from staff, including benefit surveys.
- Assist Associate Director & CHRO with staff communications related to benefits as necessary.
- Work with Associate Director, Human Resources as backup for the HR Coordinator on payroll related functions as necessary.
Other special projects/assignments as needed.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum 5 years related Human Resources work experience.
- Minimum 3 years Payroll & Benefits work experience.
- Minimum 2-5 years progressive HRIS, and carrier connection experience.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills required.
- Computer literacy in a Microsoft Office: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated track record of organization, focus and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Labor Management, Business Administration or related field required, or 10 years of relevant experience.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Working knowledge of Paycor Technology preferred.
- Previous experienced in a non-profit and/or health care organization a plus.
- Previous experience in a multi-site environment a plus.
- o Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients
- o Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served (if applicable).
- o Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient
- o Works well with others
- o Contributes input to improve outcomes
- o Asks others for opinions and feedback, provides feedback in a tactful respectful way
- o Manages multiple projects
- o Determines project urgency in a practical way; uses goals to guide actions.
- o Creates detailed action plans.
- o Organizes and schedules people and tasks effectively.
- o Remains sensitive to Human Resource issues and maintains confidentiality and neutrality and objectivity as appropriate.
Minimal Training Time:
- Introductory period consisting of 180 days.
How To Apply
Please forward resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference the job title in the subject line.