Chief Medical Officer Ryan Health | West 97th Street
This position has oversight of the Network’s clinical functions. He/she establishes, implements, and maintains the highest standards of professional medical care for the patients and provide the medical leadership in identifying and implementing ambulatory care services that meet the needs of the patient population and community. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Health.
Management, Oversight and Collaboration
- Establishes the standards and practices of care in collaboration with Executive Directors/Clinic Administrators, and maintains the medical policies and procedures of the clinics consistent with NYS DOH Article 28, HRSA BPHC 330h, HIV/AIDS Bureau NYCDOHMH, NYSDOH, NYC DHS, and relevant MCO guidelines.
- Collaborates to ensure compliance of medical services and quality improvement activities including Quality Review, patient grievances and medical activities in order to achieve a high quality of care, cost containment, and compliance.
- Ensures that resources are used efficiently, and that providers are used in ways to maximize their contribution to meeting patient, clinic, and fiscal goals of the organization.
- Actively partners with Human Resources, Executive Directors/Clinic Administrators and Site Medical Director’s in the hiring, orientation, evaluation and discipline processes for medical staff.
- Assures provision of medical services at all service sites are in alignment with WFR mission and regulatory agencies.
- Serves as primary staff to the Board’s Continuing Quality Improvement Committee.
- Provides guidance and review of health-related curricula.
- Establishes and fosters relationships/partnerships with community organizations such as hospitals, MCOs, institutions of higher learning, social service agencies, and other collaborators.
- Collaborates with Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer in developing and achieving the long-range financial plan of clinic services.
- Promote Network participation of medical student and residency training programs.
- Direct, supervise and develop network Medical Directors, who have a dotted line reporting relationship to the respective Executive Directors.
- Direct responsibility for the development of health services planning and budgeting and a key player in the establishment of the organization’s strategic planning and annual budget processes.
- Providing direct medical care to Network patients for two four(4) hour sessions/week.
- Provides ongoing support and supervision for medical providers in the Ryan network.
- Lead clinical initiatives including, but not limited to, Meaningful Use, Patient-Centered Medical Home, relationships with Health Homes
- Provide leadership and support in the establishment and achievement of WFR clinical standards.
- Responsible for the establishment and achievement of clinical quality goals.
- Ensures integration of primary care and behavioral health, oral health, and podiatry services.
- In conjunction with IT staff, ensures the EMR is capturing and reporting the correct data needed for clinical care and management and financial decisions.
- With Senior Leadership, designs effective strategies for Recruitment, Retention, and Compensation of clinicians.
10. Provide afterhours call coverage on a rotational basis.
- Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard, and Center Policy and Procedure.
- Attend staff meetings, in-service meetings, and supervision as assigned.
- Immediately report any problems and/or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Doctor of Medicine.
- Minimum of 10 (ten) years of clinical and administrative skills in an ambulatory care setting.
- Experience and commitment to the concept of community controlled health services.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish or other language
- Prior experience in a multi-site Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or other health care environment.
Licenses and/or Certification Required:
1. License to practice medicine in the State of New York
2. Board Certification
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served (if applicable).
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient
- Works well with others
- Contributes input to improve outcomes
- Asks others for opinions and feedback, provides feedback in a tactful respectful way
Minimal Training Time:
Six months of actual workdays probationary period.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is primarily in a mental health and/or general primary care setting which include the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious. Adequate preparation and precaution is necessary.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.