Clinical Applications Analyst -Ryan Health | Women & Children's
The Clinical Applications Analyst is responsible for the continued development, support, maintenance, training and promotion of all enterprise applications with the focus on Clinical Applications at Ryan Health, this role requires special emphasis on configuring, developing, and troubleshooting the EMR. Ryan Health utilizes eClinicalWorks as their EMR.
The Clinical Applications Analyst will work with the Associate Director and the Applications Team to analyze user needs, improve and streamline application solutions, implement new applications and workflows, upgrade existing applications, support performance and functionality, maintain documentation, and provide training to the user community. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Network.
- Provide primary support for all Ryan Health Clinical Applications with a significant focus on the Electronic Health Records (eCW), associated clinical workflows, and serves as a key technical resource for users of the clinical applications.
- Support analysis of organization needs for development and implementation of clinical applications; interfaces with users to ensure that applications meet department/business objectives and requirements.
- As part of the Application and Development Team, assist with all Ryan Health Enterprise Applications and Business Processes where necessary to ensure Ryan Health strategic vision requirements are met.
- Coordinate and assist with the implementation of technology projects including modification of existing applications or installation of new applications to address clinical needs as identified. Work closely with appropriate departments and programs to create formal specifications for both internal and external reporting agencies, and ensure that all reporting is properly specified, documented, tested, implemented, and maintained.
- Represent Enterprise Applications and Systems, including the Electronic Health Record, in business strategy discussions including the Quality and Process improvement committees (Q/PIC) and Clinical Informatics committee (CIC) to ensure there is a short term and long-term strategy to achieve business needs.
- Develops, oversees, and provides training programs to all users in Ryan Health that use the EHR and other enterprise applications. Implement and utilize tools such as Learning Management system (LMS) and Computer Based Training (CBT) to enhance proper application use and adoption.
- Immediately report any unusual events or problems with applications and/or program operations to supervisor.
- Attend all meetings and/or training sessions as required. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Application Support and Development & Chief Information Officer.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- At least 3 years of experience in supporting clinical applications (eClinicalWorks) or another eHR
- Experience with application training especially EMR training.
- Advanced level skills in evaluating and selecting major enterprise applications
- Experience with training and curriculum development
- Understanding of systems analysis, workflow design and data integrity techniques
- Ability to work independently on complex projects and requests with 100% follow-through
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and multi-tasking capabilities required
- Expertise in EHR applications (eCW a plus), enterprise applications and Clinical Informatics
- Advanced level skills in spreadsheet and database applications including Access, Excel, and other database management and Business Intelligence software and report writing skills
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree required; preferred disciplines include Computer Science, Health Informatics, Biomedical Informatics, Biotechnology, or related fields
- Master’s degree in related discipline
- eClinicalWorks EHR Certification or other Certified Healthcare Technology Specialist
- Professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with others
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient. Cooperation/Teamwork
- Works well with others.
- Contributes input to improve outcomes.
- Asks others for opinions and feedback; provides feedback in a tactful respectful way.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served (if applicable).
Minimal Training Time:
180-day introductory period.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Work Environment . The work is primarily in a mental health clinic and/or general primary care setting which includes the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious. Adequate preparation and precaution is necessary.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.