Clinical Director of Obstetrics and Gynecology- Women & Children's
Establish, implement, and maintain the highest standards of professional medical care for OB/GYN patients and provide the clinical leadership in identifying and implementing ambulatory care services that meet the needs of this patient population. This position reports to the Chief Medical Officer for clinical functions and the Executive Director of Ryan/Women’s and Children’s for administrative functions. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Health.
- Recruit, supervise, and evaluate the performance of OB/GYN physicians and mid-level practitioners
- Maintain a panel of patients
- Participate in overall program planning and coordinate with other clinical areas, such as Mental Health, Nutrition, and Dental, to insure the integration of all clinical services to care for patients
- Establish and coordinate services with other medical facilities, particularly local area hospitals, to insure the continuity of care for the Center's patients
- Establish and maintain medical protocols for all areas of medical practice and modify as necessary
- Responsible for establishing, implementing and participating in a Quality Improvement Committee and Quality Improvement activities
- Institute procedures for ongoing chart review, medical care review, and professional standards and ethics
- Monitor patient utilization and medical staff productivity to insure timely patient access to high-quality and cost-efficient medical services
- Coordinate in-service training programs for clinical staff
- Prepare and submit reports regarding health services as requested.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings, network standing committee meetings, staff meetings, community meetings, in-service meetings, and other meetings as assigned
- Immediately report any problems and/or unusual occurrences to supervisor
- Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standards, and Center Policies and Procedures
- Coordinate and participate in after-hours call coverage on a rotational basis
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum five years of clinical and administrative experience in an ambulatory care setting.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Doctor of Medicine
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York.
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Bilingual: English/Spanish or other language
- Master’s in Public Health, Public Administration, or similar degree program
- Prior experience in a multi-site Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or other health care environment.
- Prior administrative and supervisory experience in a clinical setting
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient
- Works well with others
- Contributes input to improve outcomes
- Asks others for opinions and feedback; provides feedback in a tactful respectful way
Minimal Training Time:
Six months of actual workdays introductory period
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office, use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is primarily in a mental health and/or general primary care setting which include the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious. Adequate preparation and precaution is necessary.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.