Clinical Supervisor (RN)
Monday through Friday: 9a-5p inclusive of one weeknight: 11a-7pm
Location: 110 West 97th Street, New York | New York | 10025
- Recruit, hire, on-going training and supervise (clinically and administratively) all clinical support staff.
- Oversee all daily operations within the departments and report any unusual occurrences and problems to the Medical Director and Administration in a timely manner.
- Monitor patient flow and nursing/practitioner workload to ensure productivity of staff, quality of care, and patient satisfaction.
- Triage patients requesting to be seen on a walk-in basis to determine which must be seen by a practitioner that same day.
- See appropriate patients on the RN schedule i.e. vaccine only visit, teaching visit and triage.
- In absence of LPN/MA, prepare exam rooms, procedure room, equipment and assist providers as needed.
- Collect, perform and obtain laboratory and waived tests/results as ordered.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments; utilizing standing orders when appropriate.
- Provide patients and families with appropriate education and advocacy.
- Develop, implement and monitor support staff schedules to facilitate the smooth functioning of each site.
- Respond to patients’ family complaints and inquires; direct patients to the appropriate practitioner, department or referral source.
- Coordinate clinical activities of the all present and future grant programs applicable to the site.
- Provide clinical on-boarding training and in-service training on an on-going basis to Medical Assistants, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Registered Nurses.
- Determine re-order points and order supplies, medications, equipment etc. for areas of responsibility.
- Assure stock is rotated and expired items and medications are removed from stock.
- Assist the Clinical Management in implementing, monitoring and evaluating grant and quality objectives and developing clinical procedures for assigned staff to meet those measure.
- Serve as a liaison with other community agencies, health care providers, social services agencies, schools, etc.
- Forecast, administer, and document immunizations.
- Attend and participate in Center meetings as requested, including but not limited to Quality Improvement Meetings, Nursing Meeting, Practitioners Meetings, and Supervisors Meetings. Co-Chair the monthly nursing meetings.
- Provide clinical care to patients within the scope of expertise of a Registered Nurse.
- Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens standards and Center policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with other nurse leaders within the network and provide coverage in these areas as needed.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
Education, Licenses and/or Certification Required:
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ASN) from an accredited institution.
- Current New York State Registered Nurse (RN) License.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
How To Apply
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.