Community Relations/Americorps Program Coordinator
Under the direction of the Deputy Director, the Coordinator will promote Ryan/Chelsea-Clinton Community Health Center’s services by networking with community agencies and businesses. They will also administer the Center’s AmeriCorps Program consistent with the mission and vision of the Center, as well as the rules and regulations of the AmeriCorps program. The Coordinator.
- Assure the dissemination of information about Ryan/Chelsea-Clinton’s services throughout the community.
- Represent the Center and AmeriCorps Program at meetings in the community, with external agencies, at special events and regional/national conferences and act as liaison between the Center and community-based organizations, elected officials, and local businesses.
- Plan, organize, and manage community projects and events.
- Recruit, interview, select, place, and train members at various sites within Ryan Health.
- Develop position descriptions and Member assignments.
- Plan, develop and conduct member and site supervisor trainings, such as member pre-service orientation, in-service trainings and related workshops.
- Ensure programmatic, fiscal, legal and regulatory compliance with the AmeriCorps grant.
- Communicate with and interacts regularly with National Staff, Site Supervisors, AmeriCorps Members/Alumni, FQHC Leadership, other AmeriCorps Program Coordinators, and other local AmeriCorps programs.
- Develop standards and ensure that AmeriCorps Program deliverables are met by each member.
- Ensure completion of performance measurement data collection, analysis, and grantee reporting.
- Maintains all documentation related to AmeriCorps members.
- Prepare for and participate in site visits, audits, and inspections by funders and regulatory agencies.
- Assist the Planning Department to apply for and secure additional funding via grants, donations, etc.
- Participate in internal committees and Network initiatives, as required by the Deputy Director or Executive Director.
- In coordination with the Executive Director, or designee, draft and distribute memos, announcements, and press releases announcing Center activities, events and information.
- Must demonstrate a professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, immediate supervisor and other employees.
- Immediately report any unusual problems or occurrences to supervisor.
- Monitor and ensure that the Center is in compliance with HIPPA regulations at all times.
- Participate in trainings via annual conferences, monthly webinars, workgroups, and newsletters.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director or Executive Director.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
2 years’ work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
Bachelor's degree required, Master’s preferred.
- Works well with others.
- Contributes input to improve outcomes.
- Asks others for opinions and feedback; provides feedback in a tactful respectful way.
Minimal Training Time:
- 180-day introductory period.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work is primarily in a mental health clinic and/or general primary care setting which includes the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious. Adequate preparation and precaution is necessary.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply