- Perform comprehensive, high quality dental treatment including diagnosis and treatment planning, preventive dentistry, prophylaxis and scaling/root planning, restorative dentistry, endodontics, fixed and removable prosthetics, oral surgery, etc.
- Consistent with Center goals and other regulatory mandates, maintain a roster of scheduled dental patients and treat dental emergencies (walk-in patients) when available.”
- Maintain all dental records in an organized manner, including scanning into the electronic health record all required dental forms (e.g., medical history form, dental charting form, etc.).
- Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard, and Center policies and procedures.
- Participate in the Dental Department Quality Improvement EHR Reviews as required by the Ryan Quality Improvement Committee.
- Assist in completing insurance forms, dental completion forms, and any other forms that patients require.
- Assist in teaching new employee specific dental procedures as outlined in the Department Manual.
- Conduct in-service training program in oral health for the dental auxiliary staff and for one other Ryan Health Departments.
- At the request of the Director of Dental & Radiology Services, assist in oral health education activities at various community organizations.
- Required to attend all Departmental, and Center Meeting and Conferences.
- Immediately report any problems, unusual occurrence to supervisor.
- Must demonstrate a professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients; immediate supervisor, and other employees.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the age of the patient served.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Must be a general dentist with at least three (3) years’ experience and high competency in clinical dentistry.
- Commitment to and knowledge of community dental health care.
- Good organizational skills.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Degree from Dental School (DDS or DMD)
- License to practice dentistry in New York State
- DEA Controlled Substances Registration Certificate.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served (if applicable).
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient.
- Works well with others.
- Contributes input to improve outcomes.
- Asks others for opinions and feedback; provides feedback in a tactful respectful way;
Minimal Training Time:
- 180-day introductory period.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work is primarily in a mental health clinic and/or general primary care setting which includes the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious. Adequate preparation and precaution is necessary.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply