Float Lead Licensed Practical Nurse (Network)
Hours: Monday through Friday: 9am-5pm; Department: Nursing; Location: Network
- Serves as a role model for Licensed Practical Nursing and Medical Assistant staff by ensuring consistent nursing practices and continuity of medical/nursing care network-wide.
- Provides supervision for LPN’s and Medical Assistant in the absence site Clinical RN management.
- Serves as a bridge between administration, providers and nursing staff by monitoring patient appointment flow to ensure timely patient-centered nursing/medical treatments.
- Obtains/monitors vital signs performed by LPN/MA staff (e.g. height, weight, temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure) as appropriate for the type of visit and obtain initial information about reason for visit.
- Performs/monitors clinical tests as ordered by a medical provider or standing orders (e.g. dipstick urinalysis, peak flow measurement, finger stick for glucose/hemoglobin, urine pregnancy test, finger stick for rapid HIV testing, Mantoux skin test, rapid strep test, fecal occult blood test, visual acuity, pulse oximetry, EKG, nebulizer treatment and phlebotomy according to established CLCHC protocols; process specimens of urine, stool, blood, sputum, tissue, and smears for culture and other tests as per laboratory guidelines).
- Provides results to patients of all CLIA-waived tests and assist with annual waived testing competency completion.
- Trains LPNs and MAs in accurate performance of vital signs, tests, procedures, and the like, and monitors their ability to consistently perform them as required.
- Plays an active role in ensuring existing QI/PI workflows are followed and new Q/I workflows are understood implemented, take hold and are sustained.
- Engages in pre- visit planning and assure that all LPNs/MAs are consistently engaged in pre-visit planning.
- Assures all LPNs/MAs, on every patient, are measuring and charting the quality indicators specified by the organization (e.g. BMI, tobacco use and cessation, vaccines, etc.)
- Assists/monitors LPN/MA staff preparation and documentation of patient and materials for various procedures/treatments (e.g. pap smears, biopsies, STD screening, colposcopy, I.&D, etc.) including consents and patient educational material.
- As new services are added the Float Lead LPN along with RN leadership will work with the new service providers to ensure safe clinical area set up and develop subject matter expertise to orient site LPN’s/MA to optimally support the new service. Including new infection control and compliance concerns associates with the expanded service.
- Performs/monitors LPN staff documentation of patient education on health maintenance, preventive health, and medication adherence.
- Works collaboratively with site leaders and staff to optimize patient flow and nursing/practitioner workloads during daily operations to ensure efficiency, patient satisfaction and quality of care.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments
- Performs/monitors LPN/MA staff reporting, documentation, and follow up on patient laboratory/diagnostic tests results as instructed by medical providers according while maintaining patient confidentiality policy.
- Maintains medication inventory, assist with inventory reconciliation and variance reports. The Float Lead LPN orders medical equipment/supplies under the direction of the Nurse Manager as needed.
- Participates/monitors Quality Improvement activities as directed by Director/or the Nurse Manager (e.g. quality control measures, outreach/recall efforts, peer chart review, patient satisfaction surveys, etc.) to ensure the provision of quality nursing services to Ryan Health population.
- Promotes nursing professional development and clinical excellence through supervision, mentoring, training and orientation of LPN/MA nursing staff.
- Ensures the stocking and maintenance of medical supplies/equipment are completed in preparation for patient medical care visits.
- Care coordination, such as assisting with refill requests, prior authorizations, form completion, appointment scheduling and internal and external referrals as needed.
- Identifies/reports/reassigns nursing staffing needs to the Nurse Manager/ Nursing leadership to meet the clinical needs of patients in the absence of RN management
- Provides on-going feedback regarding nursing staff performance and time/attendance issues to the Nurse Manager.
- Practices accepted infection control measures in accordance with the OSHA Blood borne Pathogens standards and Ryan Health's policies and procedures.
- Executes corrective action plans under the direction of the Nurse Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Nurse Manager to maintain a high level of patient-centered care.
- Attends all meeting and/or training sessions as required.
- Immediately reports any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Other special projects/assignments as needed.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Three years of LPN experience.
- Two plus years of experience in an outpatient clinical setting.
- Proficiency in working with pediatric population.
- Demonstrated track record of organization, focus, and ability to work in a fast-paced clinic.
- Working experience with electronic medical records software.
- Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment: MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- High school diploma.
- Completion of an accredited LPN program.
- New York State LPN license.
- Current CPR certification.
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
How To Apply
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.