Housekeeper - Ryan Health | Wadsworth
To perform cleaning and sanitation tasks requiring skillful use of equipment, cleaning tools, and materials in order to provide a healthy, sanitary, and safe environment. Perform cleaning jobs that require the use of specialized equipment, strong cleaning solutions, materials and the application of other than routine cleaning techniques. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Health.
- Collect and discard all garbage / trash, in accordance with accepted OSHA Blood borne infection control Pathogens measures and standards on a daily basis.
- Collect, crush and tape or tie all boxes collected with trash on a daily basis.
- Clean all restrooms thoroughly.
- Sweep, mop, scrub all corners and edges, strip or neutral soap, wax, and buff all floors and stairwells routinely, and as needed.
- Clean all walls, doors, inside of windows and window frames, baseboards, light fixtures, curtain rods, clocks, signs, desks, chairs, wall & floor cabinets in all offices, etc., file cabinets, examination tables, ash trays, telephones, display directories, shelving, etc. on a routine basis.
- Clean pantry rooms and/or kitchen areas daily (includes: tables, refrigerators, stoves and/or microwaves, coffee machines, counter-tops, floors, cabinets, walls & doors.)
- Move all furniture, boxes, files, cabinets, equipment and supplies when necessary.
- Assist the Maintenance Department with the cleaning of the front grounds when the maintenance worker/s are busy with an emergency, on vacation, sick or on a personal day.
- Assist the Maintenance Department with the repair of or installation of light fixtures, plumbing, furniture, equipment, etc., when necessary.
- Assist Maintenance Department with the changing of light bulbs, florescent bulbs, organizing storage and office areas, furniture, etc. as needed.
- Report all safety hazards immediately to your immediate Supervisor, Security or the Maintenance Department worker/s.
- Maintain all Housekeeping equipment in satisfactory condition (clean, neat, etc.) after each use.
- Keep all Slop rooms (Janitors Closet), supply closets, work areas, locker rooms, Housekeeping equipment storage area/s in a clean and organized fashion on a day to day basis and by each individual shift.
- Refill all dispensers on a day to day basis or as needed by each individual shift.
- Collect and dispose of all Auto-Clave containers and bags containing used syringes and contaminated throat cultures as indicated in the procedures.
- You will request all Housekeeping supplies in advance (before you run out), equipment, etc.
- Report all broken or missing supplies and equipment immediately, so that they can be repaired or replaced in a timely fashion. (Dusters, brooms, buffers, vacuum cleaners, keys, etc.)
- Will attend all meetings or training sessions as required.
- Will perform duties during unusual periods such as snow emergencies, transit strikes, shortage in manpower, etc., and during unusual hours (Monday-Sunday), including holidays. This may be required with last minute notice.
- Immediately report any problems unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Must demonstrate a professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, immediate supervisor and other employees.
- Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens standards, and Center policies and procedures.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
Must have at least two years housekeeping experience and knowledge of all housekeeping equipment (purpose & operation), and cleaning material (buffers, wax, stripper, cleaners, etc.)
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
High School Diploma or GED
Direct contact with cleaning solutions, chemicals, dust, dirt, plants and other allergenic substances (protective gear will be issued. Use of high powered electrical cleaning equipment. Heavy lifting and moving of supplies, furniture, boxes, files, equipment, etc.
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served (if applicable).
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient.
- Works well with others.
- Contributes input to improve outcomes.
- Asks others for opinions and feedback; provides feedback in a tactful respectful way.
Minimal Training Time:
Probationary period: 3 Months
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is primarily in a mental health clinic and/or general primary care setting which includes the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.