Housekeeper- Ryan Health Washington Heights
Perform cleaning and sanitation tasks requiring skillful use of specialized equipment, cleaning tools, materials, and strong cleaning solutions, as well as the application of special cleaning techniques, in order to provide a healthy, sanitary, and safe environment at the Ryan/Adair and Ryan/Frederick Douglass Community Health Centers in Harlem. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of the Ryan Network.
- Collect and discard all trash daily, ensuring to crush, tape or tie all boxes in preparation for designated recycling date assigned by the New York City Sanitation Department.
- Clean all restrooms thoroughly on a daily basis, including fixtures, mirrors, sinks, urinals, toilets, wall tiles, pipes, partitions, dispensers, and remove all marks and blemishes on walls, doors, ceilings, partitions, dispensers, etc.
- Sweep, mop, scrub all corners and edges. Strip, wax, and buff all floors and stairwells routinely or as needed.
- Move all furniture (if possible), boxes, files, cabinets, equipment, and supplies when stripping floors.
- Clean all walls, doors, inside of windows and window frames, baseboards, light fixtures, curtain rods, clocks, signs, desks, chairs, wall and floor cabinets in all offices, etc., file cabinets, examination tables, ash trays, telephones, display directories, shelving, etc. on a routine basis.
- Report all safety hazards immediately to supervisor or designated administrator in charge.
- Assist with the repair or installation of light fixtures, plumbing, furniture, equipment, etc., when necessary, including but not limited to replacing burnt out light bulbs. Organize storage and office areas, furniture, etc., as needed.
- Maintain all Housekeeping equipment in satisfactory condition (clean, neat, etc.) after each use, and store it in appropriate location.
- Request all Housekeeping supplies in advance, and keep all janitor closets, supply closets, work areas, locker room, and housekeeping equipment storage area in a clean and organized fashion on a daily basis.
- Set up and/or transport all medical equipment required by the physicians on the specified day(s), time, or as needed.
- Check and refill all dispensers (hand towels, hand soap, and toilet tissue) on a daily basis.
- Collect, pack, tape, apply sticker provided by regulated waste pick-up company, and dispose of all sharp containers and red bags containing Bio-Hazardous Waste, as per mandates. Keep Bio-Hazardous Waste Room clean, sanitized, and in order.
- Report all broken or missing supplies and equipment immediately in order for them to be repaired or replaced in a timely fashion, including dusters, brooms, buffers, vacuum cleaners, keys, etc.
- Attend all meetings and/or training sessions as required.
- Perform duties during unusual periods such as snow emergencies, transit strikes, shortage in manpower, etc., and during unusual hours during the regular week days (Mondays-Fridays), weekends, holidays, etc. This may be required with last minute notice.
- Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with the OSHA Blood borne Pathogens Standards, and Center Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain a groomed appearance and wear assigned uniform at all times.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient
- Works well with others
- Contributes input to improve outcomes
- Asks others for opinions and feedback; provides feedback in a tactful respectful way
Minimal Training Time:
Probationary period consisting of three months of actual work days.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Direct contact with cleaning solutions, chemicals, dust, dirt, plants and other allergenic substances (protective gear will be issued). Use of high powered electrical cleaning equipment. Heavy lifting and moving of supplies, furniture, boxes, equipment, etc. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is primarily in a mental health and/or general primary care setting which include the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious. Adequate preparation and precaution is necessary.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.