Internal Medicine Physician
- Render to adult patients those medical services normally expected of an internist or family practitioner in office practice: Examine, diagnose and treat medical illnesses, evaluate health status, initiate therapeutic and preventive measures, and make appropriate and necessary referrals to specialty and other consultative medical services. Those medical illnesses which are treated include the entire spectrum of general internal medicine, including out-patient management of HIV disease.
· Carry a patient caseload consistent with quality of care and productivity standards.
· Communicate on an ongoing basis with other health care providers and other staff on all aspects of the health needs of patients.
· Complete all necessary paperwork connected with duties, including progress notes in the medical records, completion of all forms required by the data collection system of medical center and all outside reimbursement and regulatory agencies and organizations.
· Attend medical staff meetings and conferences as required.
· Maintain professional competence through participation in outside conferences, and other continuing medical education activities.
· Participate in teaching paramedical personnel by imparting understanding of the rationale and methods of diagnostic and therapeutic activities on the job on an on-going basis, and when requested, in a more formal manner.
· Under appropriate circumstances and with the approval of the Medical Director, admit patients to hospital and performs the normal duties of an attending physician in the management of patient care.
· Participate in after-hours telephone triage coverage on rotating basis.
· Assist in peer review chart audits and other appropriate quality activities.
· Supervise the patient care activities of paramedical personnel assigned to work with him/her in patient care.
· Immediately report any problems and/or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
· Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne pathogens standards and Ryan Health policies and procedures.
· Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Progressive work experience.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
- Graduation from an accredited Medical School.
- Completion of Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or Osteopathic Medicine Residency Program.
- Board Certification/Eligibility in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
- Licensure to practice medicine in the State of New York with current registration.
- Board Certification Eligibility in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
- Bilingual: English-Spanish
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served (if applicable).
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient.
- Works well with others.
- Contributes input to improve outcomes.
- Asks others for opinions and feedback; provides feedback in a tactful respectful way.
How To Apply
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.