Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Washington Heights
The social worker provides mental health services including: outreach, assessments, counseling, psychotherapy, and case management utilizing evidenced based practices for a diverse patient population and consultation to intra-agency personnel in an integrated health care setting. (S)He functions as a team member with interdisciplinary staff and works with community agencies to assure coordinated care for his/her patients. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of the Ryan Network.
- Complete screening, intake, risk, mental status and psychosocial assessments for patients seeking mental health treatment or referred to the Mental Health Department in order to diagnose and make recommendations regarding treatment needs. The screenings and assessments are used to determine a diagnosis, inform a disposition, treatment plan and/or referral to an appropriate treatment provider.
- Function as the primary therapist for patients in need of mental health services utilizing multi- modality therapy to serve a diverse caseload of children, adolescents, and adults including geriatric patients. This includes Individual, Group, and Relationship Services; skilled at using screening and assessment tools; demonstrating evidenced based practice.
- Develop group protocols and lead therapy and psycho-educational groups as assigned.
- Use the Bio-Psycho-Social model, diagnosis according to the DSM V, develop a comprehensive care/treatment plan and provide case management services including integrated treatment planning, advocacy, support and coordination with other providers.
- Document and complete all patient assessments including intake, psycho-social assessments, treatment plans, transfer summaries, termination summaries, progress notes, referrals, outreach, and follow-up in a timely manner in accordance with good professional practice, agency and regulatory policy.
- Complete and lock all notes within the Center’s electronic medical record in a timely manner utilizing appropriate ICD 10 and CPT codes.
- Ensure that notes in need of co-signature are appropriately assigned in a timely manner and are reviewed as required.
- Consultations with primary care practitioners to provide assessments, information and referral as needed. Assist in the development of care plans for individuals with behavioral health needs.
- Act as a liaison to health care providers, community agencies and other staff to ensure patients access to services within the Network as well as the community, and to address any barriers for the patient in accessing care.
- Participate in community outreach and educational activities to promote the Network and program’s services. Provide workshops on selected mental health topics.
- Maintain professional competency by attendance at professional conferences, in-service seminars, and other meetings as assigned.
- Assess the quality of care given in consultation with other Department members and in individual and peer supervision. Participate in regular supervisory meetings; attend Departmental Staff meetings; other meetings as assigned
- Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Supervise social work interns as assigned.
- Other special projects/duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Two years’ experience in a health/behavioral health setting as a social worker.
- Must be knowledgeable and trained in some evidenced based practices.
- Able to practice using multi-modalities, individual, group and/or relationship therapies.
- Demonstrated track record of organization, focus and ability to work in a fast-paced clinic.
- Working experience with electronic medical records software.
- Able to use a computer for word processing and scheduling appointments in a calendar.
- Experience treating individuals with mental illness and working with diverse patient populations.
- Able to meet the demands of a busy clinic practice in both serving patients well and documenting the work done in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate cultural competency
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Master in Social Work
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in State of New York.
- eClinicalWorks or other electronic medical records software experience.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Group therapist.
- Skilled with children and adults.
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served (if applicable).
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient
- Works well with others
- Contributes input to improve outcomes
- Asks others for opinions and feedback, provides feedback in a tactful respectful way
Minimal Training Time:
180-day introductory period.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is primarily in a mental health clinic and/or general primary care setting which includes the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious. Adequate preparation and precaution is necessary.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer
William F. Ryan Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.