Licensed Practical Nurse -Ryan Chelsea- Clinton
Perform clinical nursing function based on department’s needs. Assist practitioners; provide patient education and other nursing procedures as assigned in the clinical areas. This work is carried out in support of the
mission and goals of Ryan Health.
· Under the supervision of the RN Unit Manager, responsible for screening, discharging, interviewing, counseling, and teaching patients in the clinical areas; reports and documents clinical observations and findings in patient’s medical record.
· Responsible for obtaining vital signs including pain and education screen and BMI, administering medications and treatments, and fulfilling specific orders designated by the practitioners. (immunizations, PPD, Inhalation Treatments, etc.) according to nursing standard and Ryan Health protocols.
· Perform procedures including, but not limited to, EKG’s, Hearing and Vision tests, Bone Density, Blood Glucose, etc.
· Assist providers with examinations, minor surgery, etc., and participate in routine diagnostic and therapeutic testing and treatment, as per LPN license.
· Order medications, immunizations, and other supplies. Maintain records of controlled substances and keep accurate accounting of same.
· Process laboratory tests, referral and x-ray requisition forms according to Ryan Health protocols and clinical guidelines.
· Retrieve laboratory and radiology reports for practitioners.
· Maintain emergency bag, oxygen tanks, and other clinical equipment per Ryan Health protocols.
· Perform follow-up procedures for abnormal lab results, Urgent Lab Recalls and missed appointments.
· Responsible for cleaning, disinfecting, sterilizing and maintaining clinical equipment and medical instruments, as per Ryan Health protocols.
· Prepare and organize supplies in examination rooms. This includes preparing examination table, ensuring that supplies are maintained in an organized manner in cabinets, and ensuring that all necessary instruments and supplies are readily available for practitioner’s use.
· Perform nursing duties in accordance with current National Patient Safety Goals and JAHCO standards.
· Communicate with clinical, clerical, and managerial staff to provide continuity of patient care.
· Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with OSHA Blood Bone Pathogens Standards, and Ryan Health policies and procedures.
· Attend Ryan Health Meetings as required and assigned.
· Report any unusual occurrences or problems in a timely manner to Unit Manager.
· Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Healthcare delivery experience. Willing to consider and train recent grads.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to think clearly and to work in a busy clinic.
- Working experience with electronic medical records software.
- Strong skills in a Microsoft Outlook and Word.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- High School Diploma and graduation from an approved School of Practical Nursing.
- Valid LPN License in New York State.
- One year of experience in ambulatory setting (emergency room, clinic or health center.)
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Phlebotomy certification
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served (if applicable).
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient.
- Works well with others.
- Contributes input to improve outcomes.
- Asks others for opinions and feedback; provides feedback in a tactful respectful way.
Minimal Training Time:
90 actual workdays probationary period.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is primarily in a mental health clinic and/or general primary care setting which includes the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.