Licensed Practical Nurse (Women's Health/Pediatrics Experience)
· Under the supervision of the RN Unit Manager, responsible for screening, discharging, interviewing, counseling, and teaching patients in the clinical areas; reports and documents clinical observations and findings in patient’s medical record.
· Responsible for obtaining vital signs including pain and education screen and BMI, administering medications and treatments, and fulfilling specific orders designated by the practitioners. (immunizations, PPD, Inhalation Treatments, etc.) according to nursing standard and Ryan Health protocols.
· Perform procedures including, but not limited to, EKG’s, Hearing and Vision tests, Bone Density, Blood Glucose, etc.
· Assist providers with examinations, minor surgery, etc., and participate in routine diagnostic and therapeutic testing and treatment, as per LPN license.
· Order medications, immunizations, and other supplies. Maintain records of controlled substances and keep accurate accounting of same.
· Process laboratory tests, referral and x-ray requisition forms according to Ryan Health protocols and clinical guidelines.
· Retrieve laboratory and radiology reports for practitioners.
· Maintain emergency bag, oxygen tanks, and other clinical equipment per Ryan Health protocols.
· Perform follow-up procedures for abnormal lab results, Urgent Lab Recalls and missed appointments.
· Responsible for cleaning, disinfecting, sterilizing and maintaining clinical equipment and medical instruments, as per Ryan Health protocols.
· Prepare and organize supplies in examination rooms. This includes preparing examination table, ensuring that supplies are maintained in an organized manner in cabinets, and ensuring that all necessary instruments and supplies are readily available for practitioner’s use.
· Perform nursing duties in accordance with current National Patient Safety Goals and JAHCO standards.
· Communicate with clinical, clerical, and managerial staff to provide continuity of patient care.
· Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with OSHA Blood Bone Pathogens Standards, and Ryan Health policies and procedures.
· Attend Ryan Health Meetings as required and assigned.
· Report any unusual occurrences or problems in a timely manner to Unit Manager.
· Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
· Healthcare delivery experience. Willing to consider and train recent grads.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to think clearly and to work in a busy clinic.
· Working experience with electronic medical records software.
· Strong skills in a Microsoft Outlook and Word.
· Women's Health and Pediatrics experience.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- High School Diploma and graduation from an approved School of Practical Nursing.
- Valid LPN License in New York State.
- One year of experience in ambulatory setting (emergency room, clinic or health center.)
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Phlebotomy certification
- Bilingual English/Spanish
How To Apply
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.