Medical Director - Ryan Health | Women and Children's
Establish, implement, and maintain the highest standards of professional medical care for the patients, and provide the medical leadership in identifying and implementing ambulatory care services that meet the needs of the patient population and community. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Health.
- Recruit, supervise and evaluate the performance of medical personnel, including internists, pediatricians, and medical specialists. Clinically supervise mid-levels and management nursing staff.
- Provide oversight to Laboratory and Radiology services and monitor contracts for medical supplies, services and equipment.
- Maintain a panel of patients as duties will allow.
- Participate in overall program planning, and coordinate with other clinical areas, such as Mental Health, Nutrition, and Dental, to insure the integration of all clinical services.
- Establish and coordinate services with other medical facilities, particularly local area hospitals, to insure the continuity of care for the Center's patients.
- Establish and maintain medical protocols for all areas of medical practice and modify as necessary.
- Responsible for establishing, implementing and participating in a Quality Improvement Committee and Quality Improvement activities.
- Institute procedures for ongoing chart review, medical care review and professional standards and ethics.
- Monitor patient utilization and medical staff productivity to insure timely patient access to medical services, as well as cost-efficient services. Institute procedures for ongoing chart review, medical care review, and professional standards and ethics.
- Coordinate in-service training programs for clinical staff.
- Prepare and submit reports regarding Health Services as requested.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings, community meetings, staff meetings, and in-service meetings as assigned.
- Participate in the preparation of the clinical service budget and provide justification in support of all clinical expenditures.
- Responsible for the direction of functioning of the Medical Board and its committees.
- Immediately report any problems and/or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with OSHA Blood borne Pathogens Standards, and Center Policies and Procedures.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum five years of clinical and administrative experience in an ambulatory care setting.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Doctor of Medicine
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York.
- Board Certified - OB/GYN
- Bilingual: English/Spanish or other language.
- Prior experience in a multi-site Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or other health care environment.
How To Apply
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.