Mental Health Coordinator
The Mental Health Coordinator (MHC) is responsible for assisting the Director of Mental Health Services in the planning, managing, and coordinating services of the Article 31 Clinic in accordance with all regulatory bodies primarily at, but not limited to, the Ryan NENA satellite. The MHC ensures that the department is employing evidence-based practices, meeting or exceeding all established standards, meeting or exceeding expected levels of service, and overseeing QI activities for the assigned site. The MHC also serves as the initial point of contact for patients seeking Mental and Behavioral Health Services for the Ryan Health Mental Health Department Article 31 satellite NENA or assigned site. The MHC will manage the site’s intake assessment process and collaborate with the Director of Mental health, Intake Coordinator, Psychiatrist and supervisory staff to expedite triage and connection to the Article 31 clinic. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Health.
- Provide clinical and administrative supervision of day-to-day operations of assigned staff ensuring department is in compliance with all regulatory bodies and internal policies and procedures.
- Supervision and evaluation of staff assuring that they maintain individual levels of services, provide quality services, meet documentation standards and work effectively as part of a clinical team
- Plan and initiate site Quality Improvement (QI) activities in conjunction with the Mental Health Coordinator to track measures and reach departmental QI goals.
- Assist with program planning, development, and the implementation of programs to address the needs of patients served.
- Assist with proposal writing for new programs/initiatives.
- Monitor budget expenses and revenues and assure that targeted levels of service are reached.
- Field site mental and behavioral health services phone referrals including direct patient requests, pending hospital discharges and referrals from outside agencies.
- Field site internal referrals received for mental/behavioral health services and psychiatry.
- Provide information on services available at the Emotional Wellness Center to walk-ins and direct referrals from other Ryan departments/programs.
- Record and maintain referral log spreadsheet and monitor/report on data/outcomes.
- Provide regular walk-in hours at the Article 31 clinic/satellite for patients seeking mental and behavioral health services.
- Identify training needs of staff and assist in the development of a Department wide in-service program.
- Ensure ongoing marketing of the program and coordination of services by developing and maintaining an outreach plan to area residences, day treatment programs, club houses and other community providers.
- Provide direct patient care using evidenced based practice interventions.
- Conduct complete initial diagnostic assessment for all patients seeking services with the Article 31 clinic including administering appropriate screeners, documenting social history, mental status exam, and consulting/collaborating with psychiatrist and supervisor as necessary.
- Assign cases to therapists as indicated based on assessing clinical compatibility and patient needs.
- Collaborate with clerical support staff to ensure initial appointments with therapists and psychiatrists are expedited and to promote engagement in treatment process.
- Request/obtain medical/patient records form previous/referring facilities and/or schools or other collateral agencies.
- Monitor intake process and identify workflow areas needing improvement, communicate observations with supervisory staff in a timely fashion.
- Supervise student interns as assigned.
- Provide supervisory coverage for the Article 31 clinic/satellite, working with management staff to resolve patient issues, provide clinical and administrative support as necessary.
- Participate in regular department risk management meetings, supervisory meetings, staff meetings and in-service trainings as scheduled.
- Provide clinical services for/maintain a small case load and/or run therapeutic groups.
- Immediately report any incidents, issues or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Other special projects/assignments as needed.
- Flexible work hours depending on needs, including evenings and occasional weekends.
- Flexibility to work at other Article 31 sites as required.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Two years of supervisory experience in a behavioral health or integrated health care setting with knowledge of Article 31 standards of care and familiarity with Part 599 Clinic regulations.
- Facility in diagnosing and assessing the range of mental/behavioral health diagnoses.
- Computer literacy including proficiency in Word and Excel. Knowledge of eClinical Works a plus.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Master’s degree, PhD or PsyD
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Psychologist
Spanish language fluency
How To Apply
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.