Operations Supervisor - Ryan Health | West 97th Street
Assist Director of Patient Services with day-to-day operations of the Patient Service units and care teams. Coordinate managed care activities as they affect patient utilization and reimbursement. Promote services of the Network. Maximize revenue from all 3rd party resources. Promote services of the Network. Represent and safeguard the Network’s mission and ensure adherence to policies and
procedures. Provide the highest quality customer service to ensure patient satisfaction. In coordination with the Deputy Director, provide department staff with ongoing customer service oversite and training. Cross-train PSRs in order to ensure consistent and on-going coverage of all job functions. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Health.
- Assist Deputy Director with the day-day functions of the Patient Services Department, including frontend and backend operations, process improvement, hiring, training, payroll, evaluations and discipline of staff. Provide coverage in all areas of the Department as needed.
- Collaborate with the nursing and provider teams to ensure an efficient workflow.
- Ensure promotion of all appropriate entitlement programs.
- Assist in monitoring and tracking referrals to completion as per the Network’s standards. Assist with referrals as necessary.
- Work with Patient Accounts staff to guarantee that all visits are properly checked out to ensure timely revenue.
- Assist in training staff and monitoring performance in the use of all applicable systems.
- Oversee cash and MetroCard reconciliation of monies, (cash, checks, debit/credit cards) collected for patient fees, and ensure monies are secured as per procedure.
- Prepare reports, such as clinical data collection and quarterly attendance reports.
- Participate in meetings and Administrative Evening and Saturday coverage.
- Ignite processes that facilitate care team communications with the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Resolve operational issues and analyze non-clinical workflows optimizing staff and daily assignments ensuring complete overview of the care team and patient flow.
- Facilitate access of the Center’s special populations to appropriate 3rd party insurance coverage.
- Coordinate, develop and implement all activities pertaining to 3rd party enrollment procedures, including application, eligibility and follow-up, and delivery of completed applications to appropriate vendor.
- Represent the Center at outreach functions which pertain to insurance recruitment efforts. Attend seminars, meetings and conferences to stay abreast of all new developments pertaining to changes in Medicaid and other 3rd party billing requirements. Implement appropriate procedures to remain in compliance.
- Assist with providers schedules for reschedules, cancellations, blocking, and template creation and modification.
- Immediately report unusual problems or occurrences to immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrate a professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, and interdisciplinary staff.
- Promotes customer satisfaction by improving system or individual performance. A centralized resource for patients with grievances and patient requests in a timely fashion. Monitors, tracks, and documents complaints.
- Perform other duties and/or additional ad hoc projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in 3rd party entitlement programs in a health care setting (including, Medicaid, Medicare and managed care plans).
- Three years minimum of supervisory experience.
- Systems thinker who can implement robust operational processes and delegate accordingly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff using performance metrics.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows, Paycor, and Electronic Health Medical Records systems, preferably ECW.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Medicaid Certification Pre-screening for eligibility.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Experience with eClinicalWorks electronic health record system.
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served (if applicable).
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient.
- Works well with others.
- Contributes input to improve outcomes.
- Asks others for opinions and feedback; provides feedback in a tactful respectful way.
Minimal Training Time:
180-day introductory period
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is primarily in a mental health clinic and/or general primary care setting which includes the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.