Patient Services Manager
Management of Patient Services and Medical Records staff to ensure high quality patient care while maximizing revenue through compliance with Center policies and procedures, as well as with all appropriate regulatory authorities and third-party payors, including managed care organizations, Medicaid, Medicare and private insurance. Create efficiencies and best practices to ensure positive patient outcomes and experience. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Ryan Health.
- Recruit, orient, train and schedule staff. Supervise staff to ensure that daily activities are conducted in accordance with agency standards. Prepare performance evaluations and take disciplinary action, as needed.
- Supervise Patient Services Assistant Manager and Patient Services Representatives (PSRs) to ensure the provision of timely and accurate registration and financial counseling, insurance follow-up, and collections.
- Supervise Medical Records Clerks to ensure that medical record requests, forms, and reports are processed in a timely manner.
- Oversee the referrals department, working in conjunction with Network staff and external partners to ensure positive patient outcomes and ensure both external and internal referrals are managed efficiently.
- Oversee Patient Services at the Center’s School-Based Health Center, including supervision of Patient Services staff.
- Oversee archiving of patient charts as per Ryan Network policy and procedures.
- Oversee patient enrollment, training, and reporting in the Health Exchange (Affordable Care Act), Medicaid and Family Planning Benefit Program.
- Implement operational systems to achieve greater staff efficiency, and develop recommendations for system level changes, as needed.
- Liaise with third party payers, providers, patients and Ryan Chelsea-Clinton staff to ensure optimal cash flow for Center.
- Generate daily, weekly and monthly reports to monitor productivity and measure outcomes and performance.
- Address and respond to patient complaints and refer to Medical Director, Deputy Director or Executive Director, as appropriate.
- Oversee the process used for daily deposits; assure timely deposit to bank and arrange delivery of this information to the Finance Department at Ryan Network.
- Perform account analysis of specified accounts, as directed by the Executive Director and/or Deputy Director.
- Create templates for Practitioners’ schedules in eClinical Works and revise as needed.
- Maintain and update a table of credentialed Practitioners participating in the insurance plans accepted by the Center.
- Maintain the Public Transportation Automated Reimbursement
System (PTARS) for distribution of, and timely reconciliation of, Metro cards.
- Monitor patient flow at the Center and reallocate Patient Service Representatives as needed. Immediately refer patient flow concerns to the Deputy Director, Medical Director and/or Executive Director.
- Share best practices in Patient Services and Medical Records services with other managers within the Network.
- Update and maintain the Center’s Patient Services Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Together with Clinical and Administrative leadership, oversee operation and continuous improvement of the Center’s Care Teams.
- Act as the site representative to Ryan Health’s Chief Privacy Officer.
- Monitor and ensure that the Center is in compliance with
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
(HIPAA) regulations at all times.
- Participate in various Center and Network committees as needed.
- Support in all Center and Network Quality and Performance Improvement activities pertaining to Patient Services
- Attend all meeting and/or training sessions as required.
- Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
Other special projects/assignments as needed.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- One year of supervisory experience in Patient Services department of a health care organization or physician group practice.
- Excellent communication, patient relations and interpersonal skills.
- Superior computer skills and hands-on experience working on an Electronic Health
Records (EHR) system.
- Full knowledge of third party reimbursement, including Medicaid, Medicare and managed care in the New York City market.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent years of experience as a Supervisor of Patient Services.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding.
- Master’s Degree in Health and Human Services
How To Apply
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.