Practice Administrator - Ryan Health/ Washington Heights
Assist the Executive Director with day-to-day operations of the Ryan Health Washington Heights Practice. The Practice Administrator oversees the clinic staff, patient relations, and the clinic’s day to day operations. He / She develops, implements, and review clinic operating procedures and policies in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization, and the requirement of outside regulatory agencies. Ensures systems are in place to support effective, efficient care and patient throughput. Maintains professional communication with providers, staff, patients, and external stakeholders. Ensure staff adheres to care standards, quality improvement and initiatives, productivity, and performance metrics. The Practice Administrator assists in marketing and formulating the clinic’s budget. Develops and administers a staffing plan that will allow the clinic to operate in an efficient, cost-effective manner. Addresses complaints and resolves problems. Responsible for orientation, training and the evaluation of employees working within the clinic. Increases productivity of the clinic through patient outreach programs, marketing and capturing all activity through proper EMR tracking. As a member of the Ryan Health management team, the Practice Administrator is responsible to have all clinic staff follow the organizations’ s code of conduct, policies, and procedures and customer service program. The Practice Administrator reports to the Executive Director. This is a “working management” position and the manager is expected to assist clinic staff when needed and/or appropriate.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the practice.
- Hire, train and supervise all support staff.
- Oversee all patient services related operations
- Ensure promotion of all appropriate entitlement programs.
- Coordinate, develop and implement all activities pertaining to 3rd party enrollment procedures, including application, eligibility and follow-up, and delivery of completed applications to appropriate vendor.
- Oversees all back-end operations, including care teams and other provider support entities.
- Oversee safety and environment of care standards for the practice
- In coordination of Executive Director, manage provider templates, scheduling and patient access.
- Perform cash reconciliation on monies, (cash, checks, debit/credit cards) collected for patient fees, and ensure monies are secured as per procedure.
- Ensure proper staffing coverage in all areas of practice as needed.
- Represent the Center at outreach functions.
- Attend seminars, meetings, and conferences to stay abreast of all new developments pertaining to changes in Medicaid and other 3rd party billing requirements. Implement appropriate procedures to remain in compliance.
- Assist in monitoring and tracking referrals as per the Network’s standards. Oversee timely processing of Dis and referrals, as necessary and in obtaining consults reports.
- Assist in training staff and monitoring performance in the use of all applicable systems.
- Prepare and submit quarterly absence and lateness report.
- Work on special projects and attend meetings as assigned.
- Participate in Administrative Evening and Saturday coverage.
- Immediately report unusual problems or occurrences to immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrate a professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, immediate supervisor and other employees. Ensure customer satisfaction by providing on-going staff monitoring and training.
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Collaborate with the nursing and provider teams to ensure an efficient workflow, patient throughput and safety throughout the practice.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum of three years’ experience managing a clinic
- Strong background in patients account management.
- Three years minimum of supervisory experience.
- Willing to travel to different work sites as needed.
- Proven ability to work well and communicate effectively with others.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to delegate work assignment
- Ability effectively supervise staff using performance metrics.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Windows, Office Word Computer and Electronic Health Record System.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Medicaid Certification Pre-screening for eligibility.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Experience with eClinicalWorks electronic health record system.
- Professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Commits to exceeding expectations of the patient.
- Works well with others.
- Contributes input to improve outcomes.
- Asks others for opinions and feedback; provides feedback in a tactful respectful way.
Minimal Training Time:
180-day introductory period.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is primarily in a mental health clinic and/or general primary care setting which includes the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious. Adequate preparation and precaution is necessary.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Network is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.