Registered Nurse (Temp)
August 24, 2018
- Recruit, train and supervise all clinical and support staff for the Women’s Health and Pediatrics Departments, including Specialty services.
- In conjunction with the Medical Director, develop, implement and monitor provider schedules to facilitate the smooth functioning of the Women’s Health and Pediatrics Departments (including Specialties).
- Develop, implement and monitor support staff schedules to ensure proper coordination with provider schedules.
- Respond to patient inquiries and complaints. Direct patients to appropriate support staff as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all HIPAA privacy and security rules and regulations.
- Provide clinical in-service training on an ongoing basis to Licensed Practical Nurses and Medical Assistants.
- Oversee all daily operations with the department, including but not limited to nursing assignments, ordering medical equipment and supplies, emergency equipment, code cart & 02 tank upkeep, adherence to OSHA guidelines, availability of patient educational materials, etc.
- Assist Medical Director in organizing, coordinating, implementing, and participating in quality assurance and peer review meetings.
- Serve as liaison with other community agencies, health care providers, social services, schools, etc.
- Assist the Medical Director in implementing, monitoring, and evaluating grant objectives.
- Provide direct clinical care to patients when needed.
- Assist with supervision of other clinical departments and ancillary services (i.e., lab, X-ray, etc.) when necessary.
- Attend all meetings and training sessions as required.
- Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standards, and Center Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Two years of clinical experience in ambulatory setting (clinic or community health center)
- Demonstrated track record of organization, focus, and ability to work in a fast-paced clinic.
- Working experience with electronic medical records software.
- Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment: MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
Education, Licenses, and/or Skills Required:
- Associates degree in Nursing.
- Valid Registered Nurse License in New York State.
- Bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred.
- Bachelors’ degree in Nursing.
- GYN and pediatric experience.
- Experience with eClinicalWorks.
How To Apply
Please forward resume by email to email@example.com, and reference the job title in the subject line.