Security Officer- Ryan Health Washington Heights
Ensure the safety of patients, visitors, and employees of Ryan Health | Washington Heights to safeguard the property and equipment of the Center. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of the Ryan Network.
- Ensure that valid I.D. cards are worn by all employees while in the facility.
- Respond to activation of the fire alarm and carry out fire response protocols.
- Respond to activation of the Lynx Guard Panic Alert System and take appropriate action when necessary.
- Maintain a daily visitor/vendor sign-in log, and issue daily visitor passes to guests, vendors, and visitors.
- Assist all disabled patients in going to appropriate service area.
- Prohibit all unauthorized persons from entering the premises.
- Prohibit grocery carts and bicycles from going beyond the Security Station. Issue claim tickets for all property safeguarded at the Security Station.
- Prohibit and report all unauthorized vending activities between employees and patients or visitors.
- Arrange for medically necessary transportation.
- Prohibit the use of cigarettes, cigars, smoking pipes, and other flammable materials in all areas of the facilities.
- Prohibit eating and drinking, except in designated area.
- Prohibit and report all unauthorized recreational activities and vandalism.
- Maintain groomed appearance in regulation uniform while on duty.
- Remain at designated post at all times, except during an emergency, and upon obtaining proper relief.
- Routinely patrol and survey facility as appropriate.
- Greet, screen and direct patients, visitors and vendor traffic entering the premises. This includes directing patients to appropriate service area and announcing visitors, applicants, and vendors to appropriate department staff.
- Check and secure all doors and windows routinely at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Distribute and collect all restricted keys at the beginning and end of each day.
- Activate and deactivate the burglar alarm system at designated times.
- Escort all persons acting in a disorderly fashion out of the facility at the request of Administration and department heads or supervisors.
- Maintain all entrances and exits clear of people and objects.
- Prepare and submit all incident and accident reports in a timely fashion.
- Check and report all hazardous conditions, violations of Center policies and procedures, and missing furniture and equipment.
- Attend all meetings and training sessions as required.
- Must be able to be contacted by cell phone for immediate notification.
- Make entries and maintain Daily Call Out list as assigned.
- Maintain found property log and make appropriate entries.
- Direct emergency personnel, EMS, Fire Department, and Police Department upon their response to the Center, and make appropriate entries in the 911 log book.
- Immediately report any problems or unusual occurrences to supervisor and Administration.
- Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens standard, and Center policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- Two years related security experience.
- Experience in dealing with the general public
- Ability to respond quickly in emergency situations.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Security Guard License Registration Card issued by the State of New York Department of State.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, immediate supervisor and other employees.
- Commit to exceeding expectations of the patients and immediate supervisor.
- Works well with others
- Contributes input to improve outcomes
- Asks others for opinions and feedback, provides feedback in a tactful respectful way
Minimal Training Time:
180-day introductory period.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is primarily in a mental health clinic and general primary care setting which include the unpredictability in behaviors of individuals and acute and chronic infectious diseases which may be contagious. Adequate preparation and precaution is necessary.
Hazardous duty during the process of confronting and restraining disorderly and/or antisocial persons. Subject to possible attach when making bank deposits and picking up petty cash monies. Working conditions: Required to work standing up during the tour of duty. Flexible hours: Some weekend work may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position may be required to perform other duties. If such work becomes a permanent and regular part of the job, a new description will be prepared.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ryan Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce